Tetra Tech ARD (http:www.tetratech.com/intdev) is accepting applications for a highly qualified environmental specialist in the following areas: Global Climate Change (Adaptation), Forestry (REDD/REDD Plus), Coastal and Fisheries Management and NRM-related Food Security (tied to Feed the Future), and environmental compliance. This specialist (either an Associate or a Sr. Associate, depending upon experience) will join Tetra Tech ARD’s Environment & Natural Resources (ENR) Sector, and will work on both program implementation and new business development, primarily for USAID-funded projects. It is essential that candidates demonstrate prior success with new business development, proposal writing, and contract management in either the non-profit or for-profit field of international development.
This position will preferably be based in Tetra Tech ARD’s home office in Burlington, or possibly the satellite office in Arlington, Virginia.
* Identify, pursue, strategize, and lead the preparation of proposals for environmental and natural resource management in developing countries, including countries in conflict;
* Develop and promote best practices and new approaches that address constraints in strengthening environmental and natural resource management through identification of prospective clients and strategies to meet those needs, including writing position papers and coordinating marketing efforts;
* Travel regularly to provide technical assistance to projects, and to provide management and training support to project field staff, including project startup and closeout;
* Represent Tetra Tech ARD to clients in the US and developing countries;
* Provide coverage for project management and contract oversight and management (periodically in the field), and strong financial management oversight; and
* Provide technical advice and solutions to proposal development and projects in other Tetra Tech ARD sectors.
*Minimum of Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in forestry, environmental sciences, natural resource management, climate change, or ecology or other related field;
* Minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience, including at least three (3) years overseas with strong client, supervisor, and peer recommendations;
* Demonstrated excellence and qualifications in a natural resources management or related field (e.g., forestry, biodiversity conservation, watershed management, geography, community based natural resources management, anthropology/sociology, property rights, human rights, resource economics, climate change adaptation, environmental compliance and management);
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams – in the Home Office and the field – with strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
* Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction, through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget;
* Functional competence in at least one major foreign language strongly preferred (especially French or Spanish);
* Highly proficient in MS Office applications;
* Must be comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism;
* This position requires frequent short-term international field work (25% – 40%); and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.