Project Manager, Water Wastewater – ( 220003B8 )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Stantec is seeking a Project Manager to be based in West Palm Beach, FL to support implementation of the Capital Improvement Plan Program Management assignment for the Palm Beach County Water Utilities Department (PBCWUD) by providing fully qualified project delivery management of program activities in a fast-paced professional, design and delivery environment. Projects include improvements to water, wastewater and reclaimed water treatment facilities and related collection and distribution systems. These diverse projects are in various stages of development ranging from planning to design to bidding to construction management and to closeout.
The role is co-located and embedded with client staff in a PBCWUD facility, with the other members of the Stantec team. You will primarily be located at the PBCWUD office in West Palm Beach, Florida. Position requires work in both office and field settings.
As the Project Manager, you will be expected to apply critical thinking, leverage the expertise of others, synthesize information, and formulate solutions to a varied array of challenges. You will interface with program leadership, project teams, representatives of various functional areas, technical specialists, external design engineers and construction personnel, regulatory personnel, utility owners, the public and others.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Ensure project goals and objectives are met, administer the owner’s design- and construction-related contracts, and coordinate project delivery with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead delivery of assigned projects and tasks including developing appropriate scope, schedule and budget; managing design development; coordinating with local utilities; assisting with review construction claims; and participating in integration planning to meet the needs of diverse internal and external stakeholders (e.g., senior program staff, project teams, professional engineering consultants, local governments, developers, property owners, regulatory representatives, public).
- Coordinate with program and project teams to implement risk and value management plans.
- Collect and synthesize information on identified risks and challenges, working with project teams and subject-matter experts to formulate and expedite strategic and tactical responses.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and briefings for various audiences including: local governments, boards, executives, and project teams.
- Confer with the client’s executive leadership team to determine strategies, priorities, and desired outcomes.
- Coordinate with and facilitate interdisciplinary teams that may include design, construction, safety, permitting, land use, real estate acquisition, finance and controls, procurement, and public outreach personnel to execute assignments.
- Monitor and control delivery performance of assignments and verify assignments are executed in alignment with program objectives.
- Participate in the preparation, negotiation, and administration of contracts and amendments to achieve quality and value for the program.
- Provide monthly project status reporting for PBCWUD leadership.
- Conduct project meetings with stakeholders, including internal PBCWUD leadership and external parties.
- Update project-level risks and mitigation measures.
- Use internal cost management system to record financial performance of projects.
- Prepare and manage master contract agreements, consultant services authorizations, work authorizations and solicitations for services or public bids for assigned projects.
- Work as part of an integrated consultant-client team.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience working in a consulting engineering environment (EPCM), Project/Program Management environment, Construction Contracting environment, and Construction Management.
- Project Management and Construction Management experience with water, wastewater and reclaimed water system capital infrastructure projects.
- Previous experience in project management and construction management, project controls and project reporting
- Highly skilled with MS Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed manner while handling multiple and shifting priorities, as an individual contributor and team member
- Ability to logically analyze and manage project scope, budget and schedule activities.
- Experience is required in the management of project and/or program budget and cost control functions including budgeting, change management, cost estimating and forecasting.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Exemplary interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including capability to reduce complexity and volume to clarity
Education and Experience
- BS or BS/MS in civil or environmental engineering or other field.
- Minimum of 8 years of project management and construction management experience in pipelines, water, wastewater, reclaimed water or water resources
- Previous experience with programs based inside client organization preferred.
- Professional Engineering license is required
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Florida-West Palm Beach
Organization : BC-2249 Water-Program Management-US
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 24, 2023, 11:43:43 AM
Req ID: 220003B8
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans