RESOLVE, a non-profit organization in Washington, D.C., is seeking a Program Associate. The Program Associate will assist in supporting and coordinating collaboration and consensus building activities. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience and/or interest in environmental policy and planning, natural resources, and energy.
RESOLVE is an independent organization focused on building strong, enduring solutions to environmental, social, and health challenges. We help leaders from communities, businesses, governments, foundations, and non-governmental organizations solve challenging problems, achieve enduring results, and create productive, lasting relationships through collaboration. We are based in Washington, D.C. and work on local, regional, national, and international projects. Our projects focus on healthy people and communities, clean air and water, resilient ecosystems, smart energy, sustainable development, and natural resource conflicts.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree; an advance degree is preferred. Prior work experience relating to conflict resolution, public policy, or natural resource issues is also preferred. While the selected candidate will work on a wide range of natural resource, health, and social issues, experience in watershed planning is a plus.
- Serve as junior member of facilitation, mediation, and training teams. This includes conducting interviews with stakeholders, drafting agendas, recording flip chart notes or taking notes in meetings, and writing meeting summaries and project reports.
- Manage logistics for meetings, including polling teams for meeting dates, reserving venues, communicating with participants, developing and managing project websites, preparing meeting materials, and managing collaborative technology (e.g., Adobe Connect) for meetings.
- Work with organizational teams and partners to research issues, track collaborative opportunities, and write proposals.
- Support and manage program delivery, including coalitions and networks, research activities, and other activities.
- Support collaborative strategy development for projects and programs.
We are looking for an individual with demonstrated commitment to the conflict resolution and/or natural resources field, including knowledge, skills, personal characteristics, and referrals that attest to the following:
- Familiarity with neutrality, group dynamics, collaboration, consensus building theories and practices, and strategic planning
- Familiarity with public policy context and processes and the role of different groups in agenda setting, advocacy, and problem solving
- Understanding of science and technical information in environment and natural resources issues
- Familiarity with collaborative technologies and application of them in a variety of settings and projects
- Excellent organizational and logistical planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, writing, and editing skills
- Proficiency with word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
- Proficiency with use of collaborative technologies (e.g., Adobe Connect or other webinar programs; Dropbox; Google Forms), social media, AV equipment, and web development (particularly WordPress). Experience with Google Analytics a plus.
- Ability to balance many projects and priorities simultaneously, while closely tracking and managing various project activities, timelines, and deliverables
- Ability to take initiative and work with teams to coordinate projects on scope and budget, with attention to highest quality and detail
- Excellent relationship and communication skills such as listening, building trust, empathizing, developing rapport, and both giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Proficiency in a second language, especially Spanish or French, preferred
- Intellectual curiosity and depth
- Strong values and ethics
- Energy, drive, and commitment to excellence
- Enjoys working as part of a team, sharing successes, and collaboratively owning and addressing challenges
- Self-motivation, self-discipline, and capacity to organize, prioritize, and self-direct work with at times limited day-to-day supervision or structure
- Courage, confidence, and ease in communicatingcommunicating with a wide range of clients and partners—senior executives, government officials, community stakeholders, etc.
- Willingness to cope with an irregular work schedule, sometimes requiring evening and weekend work and travel
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. RESOLVE offers excellent benefits, including: medical and dental insurance; retirement contributions; generous family, vacation, and sick leave; and long-term disability.