Business and Opportunity Developer
PlanAdapt is a global network-based organisation with a coordination hub in Berlin, Germany. We provide knowledge services in support of effective, economically just and socially inclusive climate change adaptation (CCA) and climate risk management (CRM) around the world. PlanAdapt’s team approaches complex challenges through transdisciplinary mixed methods and engagement of doers and thinkers across the spheres of science, policy and practice. Our advisors and researchers are specialised in methods and processes to bridge the adaptation science-action gap.
PlanAdapt’s mission is to design and offer effective ways to build skills, competencies and knowledge to adapt to climate change in the Global South. Read more about PlanAdapt here: www.plan-adapt.org
The role is preferably located in Berlin, at least initially, and is optionally part-time or full-time. We are happy to shape the job conditions to suit the needs of both, yourself and PlanAdapt. The salary is in line with the seniority of the appointment. We particularly welcome applications from women and the Global South, as PlanAdapt’s impact is focused on the Global South. The incumbent will report to PlanAdapt’s Managing Director.
Role and responsibilities:
- Take a leadership role as a PlanAdapt ‘Shaper and Mover’ to fulfil our mission, further build the vision and help to shape operational procedures
- Develop and elaborate PlanAdapt’s Five-Year Funding and Opportunity Strategy, in close collaboration with PlanAdapt’s management team
- Develop strategic institutional partnerships with other international actors/ organisations in the area of CRM, CCA and educational services
- Steer the development of PlanAdapt’s key proposals and pitches targeting philanthropic funding, public tenders, and research grants
- Expertise and knowledge in fundraising for innovative research, advisory services and (e-)learning services for climate change adaptation and climate risk management
- Passion, ability and creativity to develop innovative fund(rais)ing ideas for a young and dynamic organization
- Strong team spirit and passion to establish a new organization in the landscape of climate institutions that helps building essential skills, competencies and capacities in the Global South
- Master’s degree or similar advanced degree
- Experience in creating and managing successful partnership relations with investors and donors from the philanthropical, public, and private sectors
- A proven track record of developing and implementing strategy, operating plans and managing budgets
- An aptitude for improving systems and processes
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, and diversity for all aspects of development work
- Excellent attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative, and passion for PlanAdapt’s services and mission
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial and value points with partners and internal PlanAdapt teams
To apply, interested persons should send an email, indicating the job title in the subject line, with the following documents to :
- Motivation letter
- Updated CV
- Indication of your availability and salary expectations
Please be aware, that we will contact only candidates that are selected for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Please find the downloadable PDF version here.