The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Water and Habitat Technician in its delegation in Poltava.
WatHab Technician 1 implements small or non-complex engineering projects within the scope of ICRC’s water and habitat assistance objectives and under the close supervision and guidance of their hierarchical superior. S/he personally carries out on-site works and monitors them for quality control and compliance with design documents. S/he has a close working relationship with external stakeholders related to their projects.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and local building codes/standards, and ensures corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Conducts quality control during infrastructure construction and ICRC administrative and logistical procedures.
- Compiles site reports on project implementation at intervals set by the project manager.
- Manages project purchasing on labor and materials according to the delegation’s logistical and financial rules.
- Participates in the assessments, collecting and compiling technical information relating to the Water and Habitat program at Sub-Delegation Level.
- Participates to technical assessment of buildings and report through technical notes.
- Monitors and supervises the implementation, especially contracted works, of Water and Habitat projects in the field and prepares work progress reports.
- Implements small or non-complex engineering projects within the scope of ICRC’s water and habitat assistance objectives and under the close supervision and guidance of WatHab Technician 2 or 3 or a WatHab engineer.
- Is committed to personally carries out on-site, works and monitors them for quality control and compliance with design documents.
- Is committed to have close working relationship with external stakeholders related to their projects.
- Performs her/his job within the geographical remit of a sub-delegation or office.
- Drafts written report in relation to the project and Water & Habitat programs in general;
- Assist the program responsible and the Water and Habitat Engineer in assessing the Water and Habitat needs;
- Executes administrative and office work related to the project;
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Advance studies on enginierring related carriers or equivalent training.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) Russian and Ukrainian language.
- Good knowledge (spoken and written) of English.
- Proficient in project management and preparation of Bills of Quantities.
- At least 1 years’ professional work experience in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Broad knowledge of engineering, including construction.
- Good computer literacy (Excel/ Word)
- Good decision making, planning, organisational, negotiating, and analytical skills
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 days vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply:
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 06/01/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/