- Vacancy Reference: 0494
- Location: London
- Salary: £33,066, pro rata for 4 days per week
- Job Category: Programmes
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Full-time/Part-time: Part-time
- Closing Date: 2 November 2016
- Planned Interview Date (week commencing): 14 November 2016
WaterAid is looking for a Knowledge and Network Officer – Sanitation, to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract, with a possibility of being extended a further 12-24 months, subject to securing external funding.
Working within the Programme Support Unit, International Programmes department, the Knowledge and Network Officer – Sanitation will
Champion learning, knowledge sharing and communication and strengthen the participation of the global south on the SuSanA platform. The Officer will focus on improving, strengthening and maintaining WaterAid’s and its partners’ participation on SuSanA. The Officer will also facilitate and moderate specific thematic discussions and webinars around sanitation, in relation to areas of working groups. Along with thematic discussions, the Officer will also curate information for sharing drawing upon WaterAid’s and Partners’ current and past projects on the themes. The role requires being proactive and use networking skills to promote participation and contribution in SuSanA.
- Ensure strong networking and collaboration with key stakeholders internally and externally to embed WaterAid’s evidence and learning through SuSanA in the WASH sector and beyond
To be successful, you’ll need to have
- A degree in the Social sciences, Public Health Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in determining and implementing learning and knowledge sharing activities using innovative and empowering approaches; sound knowledge of WASH with in-depth knowledge and experience of sanitation in developing countries.
- Ability to research, synthesise information and analyse its relevance and communicate it in accessible formats.
By 2030 we want everyone, everywhere to have clean water and sanitation. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Working with us, you will be entitled to a wide range of employee benefits, such as an exceptional pension fund, medical cash plans, an employee assistance programme, generous annual leave and Save As You Learn schemes, as well as fitness and lifestyle programmes.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified. No recruitment agencies please.