Mott MacDonald is an employee-owned management, development and engineering consultancy serving the public and private sector around the world, with more than 16,000 staff worldwide.
Our International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates portfolios within the international development sectors of Water, Environment, Climate, Roads, Rural & Urban Development, Education, Health, Social and Economic Development in over 40 countries. Together we implement and manage projects in developing countries and emerging economies around the world, supporting national governments and municipalities in policy, planning, project design and delivery. We are committed to support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to improve the lives of people in need.
This technical assistance will support
the Government of Mozambique (GoM) in the implementation of its national WASH programme (PRONASAR)”.
We are seeking a highly experienced, Team Leader to deliver this significant WASH Fund Management programme in Mozambique.
You will be responsible for a team managing the flow of funds from DFID Mozambique (DFIDM) through to the appointed Water, Sanitation and Health (WASH) suppliers and contractors (selected by a procurement process following the Government of Mozambique’s (GoM) procurement rules). These contractors will be selected, contracted and managed by the respective Managing and Executing Units in line with the GoM’s planned activities for each level. Additional duties:
- The Fund Manager will provide direct capacity development and support in all DPOPHRH (Provincial Directorate of Public Works, housing and hydric resources ) provinces where contracts are being awarded and tenders issued.
- Monitoring performance of existing works and liaising with government, donor and all relevant stakeholders.
- Review procurement plans, processes and activities at central and provincial levels.
- Evaluate financing requirements and ensure guarantees and supporting documentation are in place
- Conduct field visits to verify works activities are satisfactory
You will be a professional, experienced aid funded Development Team Leader with substantial, proven technical skills in the management support of similar projects, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa, implementing projects funded by donors such as DFID, ADB, EU, USAID,WB.
- Master’s degree in international development, finance or governance, (or BSc and relevant programme experience);
- Minimum Ten years expertise in leading teams on donor-funded international development projects (DFID experience is an advantage)
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges of WASH investment and fund management programmes, with budgetary management, forecasting and financial controls
- Evidence of effective use and management of procurement policy, planning, and procedures
- Ability to deliver Value-for-Money programmes
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage competing priorities;
- Proven Team management skills, capacity to coach and support learning in others
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
Advanced Portuguese speaking and reading skills an advantage