About the job
Application Deadline: December 31st, 2022
Location: Currently Remote (California-based)
Position: Part-time (10-15 hours per week; competitive pay)
Gravity Water is a US-based 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization focusing on turning rain into safe water for schools in need. Gravity Water is seeking an Assitant Director to assist the Executive Director in overseeing Gravity Water’s U.S.-based operations. The Assistant Director will be part of a supportive and professional team of passionate individuals dedicated to making clean water accessible to the communities that need it most.
This position focuses on two primary objectives: (1) directing Gravity Water’s Management Team, assisting in strategic planning, target achievement, team leadership, and operational efficiency; and (2) expanding Gravity Water’s strategic partnerships and growing the organization’s sustainable fundraising platform. Gravity Water strongly encourages individuals passionate about the importance and benefit of clean water access and are inspired to use their management, leadership, and strategic planning skill sets to make a real-world difference to apply for this position.
Essential job responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to:
- Leading Gravity Water’s management team, ensuring efficient operations, individual well-being, and overall team success
- Assisting the Executive Director in team-wide strategic planning, developing target outcomes for each position, and ensuring the successful achievement of priorities
- Expanding Gravity Water’s sustainable fundraising platform, developing scalable grass-roots fundraising strategies, and growing strategic business partnerships.
- Passion for providing clean water to communities in need
- Demonstrated experience in team management (5+ years)
- Demonstrated experience in a D-level position or program management position
- Strong strategic planning and task management skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Formal leadership training
- Nonprofit leadership and fundraising experience
- Start-up and early-stage business growth experience