Salary: £22,224 per annum to £24,112 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience)
Grade: NERC – 7
Contract Type: Open-Ended
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: 13 November 2016
Interview Date: 5th and 6th December 2016
- assisting with the design of, and participating in, groundwater field investigations
- undertaking quantitative analysis and interpretation of experimental results
- use of data analysis and reporting packages for groundwater projects including GIS
- contributing to technical reports, scientific papers and web knowledge dissemination.
- laboratory analysis of water samples
- application of groundwater modelling and mathematical/statistical analysis of environmental data
- presenting scientific results at conferences or to clients and collaborators
- involvement with developing project proposals and bids, and ensuring projects are delivered on time.
- broad Knowledge of Hydrogeology and its application to environmental problems
- 2:1 in relevant degree in earth/Environmental science & postgraduate qualification which demonstrates an understanding of hydrogeology/hydrology
- good level of numeracy including evidence of data analysis and/or statistical analysis
- some evidence of numerical modelling, and or data basing
- proven ability of good time management skills
- flexibility to respond to the demand from different projects
- good communicator. Must demonstrate good oral and written skills
- self-starter – initially under supervision and ‘training’
- able to work as part of a team
- you are expected to have fieldwork experience and a valid driving licence is required.
- practical Hydrogeological field-based experience
- knowledge of UK and European legislation and policies relating to water resource management and protection
- evidence of written outputs for different audiences.