The Bureau of Soils and Water Management (BSWM) has obtained a financial grant from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for the implementation of the project entitled “Sustainable Land Management (SLM) Practices to Address Land Degradation and Mitigate Effects of Drought”.
The project focuses at the systematic and institutional levels, and hence strengthen the enabling regulatory, institutional and financial framework that would govern efforts to address land degradation in the Philippines. Keys activities of the project includes workshops, trainings and the establishment of techno-demo farms.
The Project Assistant will assist the Project Manager in the overall implementation of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the National Project Director, SLM Project Focal Person and the Project Manager, the Project Assistant will carry out the following tasks:
- Assist the Project Manager in the overall implementation of the project;
- Assist the Project Manager in overseeing the activities of the consultants and field coordinators;
- Assist the Project Manager in coordinating the implementation of the project with the other partner agencies, LGUs and CSOs;
- Assist the Project Manager in convening and reporting periodically on the status of the project to the Project Board;
- Assist the Project Manager in monitoring the progress of the project;
- Assist the Project Manager in monitoring of the procurement of equipment needed for training, mapping and monitoring;
- Assist the Project Manager in the conduct of competency assessment of institutional stakeholders on SLM;
- Assist the Project Manager in the establishment of networking system among SLM agencies and practitioners;
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the M&E system for SLM project implementation and impact/benefit assessment;
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the project completion report;
- Perform other duties of similar nature assigned by the National Project Director, SLM Project Focal Person and Project Manager.
- Knowledge in government processes.
Functional and technical competencies
- Knowledge in office software packages (MS Word, Excel).
- Good communications and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Attention to detail.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Economics, Environmental Science, or other related fields.
- With 3 years of experience on project management of agriculture and/or land resources project; including years of experience working with LGUs; previous experience in writing project reports.
- Fluency in the English and national language
Important application information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications with be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.