Science and Watershed Director
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
This position is based in Evian (France, 74) and requires approximately 20 weeks of traveling worldwide by year.
- Make evolve and improve the “Groundwater Resources1 Science” Strategy (WRSS) of the Water WBU and of Danone (assisting the development of the WRSS on the other WBUs, in the frame of the “Water Cycle”): action plan, budget, internal and external communication plans, etc.
- Publish scientific papers in International scientific journals and submit communications (oral, posters) to International Congresses about Danone projects’ outputs.
- Co-build, in close collaboration with local teams and scientific partners (European and local), new research projects in the field of water resources in order to improve the conceptual models of Danone watersheds and/or the methodologies used by Danone to manage the aquifers in which it withdraws water;
- Involve in professional and scientific organizations such as IAH (International Association of Hydrogeologists)
- Maintain and develop an international network of scientist and experts in the field of groundwater resources to support Danone activities.
- Define a corpus of training programs in Water Resources
- Lead the “Water Institute by Danone” (realize and co-ordinate training activities with Danone WRMs, external lecturers, and local countries)
- Co-lead (with the other members of the Water Cycle and Danone’s Corporate, in collaboration with local teams and with the support of externals such as consultants) the Danone Water Stewardship strategy and ensure its integration into the Danone Water Policy. Link this strategy and priorization with the Danone process of Water-Risk Assessment;
- Punctually perform short duration expertizes in groundwater resources to support local teams in addressing the issues they may face.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join a team with high energy and strong convictions to achieve our environmental objectives
- A role that allows you to lead the Research in a new environment with many key stakeholders
- An international approach of Water issues.
Your assets for this role:
- Phd in Hydrogeology.
- Strong scientist background with a large scientific network
- Business acumen to drive the Water strategy taking into account business challenges
- Leadership to coordinate remote international teams
- Fluent in English and French