CDP is a leading international charity founded 16 years ago to address the dangerous threat of climate change. It has since grown to become the world’s foremost system for companies and cities to report on carbon emissions, water stewardship and deforestation. We operate key hubs in London, New York and Berlin with other representation in the rest of Europe, Brazil, Australia, Japan, India and China.
CDP North America, Inc. is an independent 501(c)3 charity, based in New York, which works in close association with other members of the CDP operation throughout the world.
Our office is growing and we are currently seeking a dedicated individual to join CDP’s North America Partnerships & Events team.
- Manage & build relationships with CDP’s service partners
- Answer partner queries; can be technical in nature
- Proactively outreach to existing partners to keep them updated on CDP news
- Set up regular check in calls with partners to ensure their needs are being met
- Ensure that contractual deliverables are met over the annual length of the partnership
- Secure partnership renewals on an annual basis
- Engage with internal teams to keep track of organizational updates that may affect partners
- Organize and run webinars with consultants and third party service providers
- Manage data distribution process
- Work with data purchasers to understand their needs
- Pull data from our data warehouse and organize it in Excel for distribution
- Manage payment process & post-sale queries
- Prospect for new potential partners & ways to engage with existing partners
- Support event & report team outputs
- A university degree in a relevant subject, such as sustainability management/business/liberal arts
- 1-2 years’ work experience (this can include internships)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage with resistant parties, and to pitch services
- Understanding of the business implications represented by climate change
- The ability to come up to speed quickly and independently with technical information (such as CDP’s scoring methodology) and apply this information
- Strong ability to communicate over the phone
- Able to understand the goals and perspective of external parties
- A knack for accurately communicating technical information in a concise manner
- The drive to take ownership and responsibility for particular areas of work and succeed despite ambiguity
- The desire and ability to innovate and streamline processes to better and more efficiently achieve program goals, rather than follow the status quo
- The ability to meet deadlines under pressure and take pride in working to a high standard
The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in the USA. The role is located at our offices in Chelsea, New York City.