The M&E Manager is responsible for innovating and building world class systems to collect, manage and analyze water program data from the field. The M&E Manager will assume responsibility for charity: water’s full-cycle monitoring, evaluation & learning framework including rollout to partner organizations, staff training, data collection, review and analysis. The M&E Manager will also strengthen knowledge sharing across charity: water and with our international partner organizations.
- Develop our Water Programs data strategy to significantly enhance our fact-based understanding of our work in the field.
- Ensure all project data is accurately and efficiently collected and properly integrated (baseline, endline, post implementation monitoring).
- Create process and structure around data collection, submission, cleaning, and analysis.
- Aggregate and analyze data across charity: water’s diverse partners to contribute to Water Programs Team decision-making and program strategies.
- Lead the roll out of charity: water’s newly developed monitoring & evaluation framework within the organization and to implementing partners.
- Lead and organize trainings for partners’ national monitoring & evaluation staff on community mapping, data collection, sampling, use of digital data collection technology and GPS, water quality testing (includes international travel).
- Serve as the Water Programs Team liaison to other departments for data management and impact analysis for donor reporting and clearly present what you find to teams across charity: water.
- Refine program indicators to gauge partner organizations’ improvement and better inform future funding decisions.
- 5+ years experience working in internationally-focused monitoring and evaluation.
- Strategic thinker who is also hands-on, independent and detail-oriented.
- Confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfort with both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data analytics software (SPSS, STATA, SAS, R).
- Ability and willingness to travel to Africa and Asia (20-30% travel).
- Master’s in international development, public health or public administration preferred.
* Proven success in designing and implementing monitoring & evaluation systems from start to close.
* Proven ability to compile and synthesize complex information and communicate it effectively across diverse workflows.
* Strong knowledge of major monitoring and evaluation methodologies, survey design and development, sampling strategies, data collection and data entry/cleaning.
* Experience in development survey tools and leading technical trainings (GPS capture, digital data collection and platforms, etc).
* Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects that include wide-ranging stakeholders, administrative project management (service contracts, long-term budgets, etc) and tight deadlines.
* Proven experience in training and rolling out processes with international teams and organizations.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective relationships with national partners.
* Proven management of teams.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.