We are looking to recruit 2 PhD students to join our young and enthusiastic team at Ghent University. Scientists will investigate the propagation and intensification of global drought events within the context of the ERC-funded project DRY-2-DRY.
Complete information about the project can be found at www.dry2dry.org, including a short description of the specific work blocks.
For more information do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
Ghent is a vibrant university city located in the heart of Europe. Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium, with 200 years of history. Our eleven faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. The innovative research at the Hydrology lab (LHWM) focuses on the study of physical processes related to the water and energy cycle occurring at the land surface, and the techniques to monitor hydrological processes at different scales.
Profile of the candidate
- Knowledge of data management, numerical modelling and computer programming (preferably Matlab).
- Creative, innovative, critical and analytical mindset.
- Excellent level of English.
- Starting date between February and June 2017. Contract length 4 years.
- Deadline for application: December 1st 2016, or until filled. Interviews will take place in mid-December.
- Candidates from outside Belgium are welcome, and are expected to move to the country.
- Opportunity to spend prolonged periods in other leading research institutes of Europe and USA.
- Expected attendance to multiple international conferences and workshops.
- Wage according to Flemish university indices.