The Environment and Natural Resources Division helps federal and state agencies address complex policy, management, and regulatory challenges. Our services include economic analysis, cost-benefit analysis, risk assessments, environmental modeling, regulatory and voluntary program support, and IT solutions. Our clients include the Environmental Protection Agency, Army Corps of Engineers, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and the Department of Energy.
Abt Associates is currently seeking an Analyst with a diverse skill set, a passion for learning, and knowledge of water resources engineering and policy issues. The Analyst will work as part of multi-disciplinary teams for public sector clients, including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, United States Environmental Protection Agency, state agencies and others. The candidate will work under general supervision and responsibilities will include data analysis and modeling, literature research, drafting reports and other client deliverables, and participating in development of proposals. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of a broad a range of water engineering and environmental policy issues, potentially including water supply, aquatic ecosystem management, water quality, integrated water resources management, issues arising from climate change impacts. Primary expertise should be in water resources management and policy analysis or some combination and the ideal candidate will be experienced with highly analytical work. The candidate will be expected to carry out analytical and research tasks with only general supervision/direction. The candidate should be able to manage their time across multiple assignments. This person is expected to have contact with clients and to assist in business development and writing proposals. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Independently performs a variety of research and analysis tasks and may provide technical supervision to less experienced staff.
- Collects, compiles, validates, interprets and analyzes data using standard practices and techniques.
- May perform computer modeling or simulation using various software packages.
- Applies quantitative and/or qualitative analysis techniques and methods.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex under indirect supervision where there is latitude for independent action and decision-making.
- Participates in portions of a large, moderately complex project(s) and/or proposals.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Excellent writing ability.
- BA/BS (3 – 5) OR MA/MBA (Entry Level) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.