Are you ready to start your career in an inclusive, flexible, and dynamic work environment?
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Join the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) to start your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, environment and communities. As a Jacobs Graduate you will be part of a larger network of talent who are Challenging Today and Reinventing Tomorrow.
What we do at Jacobs
Our People & Places Solutions (P&PS) business focuses on providing solutions to future challenges such as climate change, the need for renewable energy, low carbon economies, transportation, and material resource and waste management. While we shape some of the very largest and most challenging landmark projects in the UK, we also deliver local projects that protect communities. We lead with the environment and make social and natural capital central to how we solve our clients’ challenges. We are helping to create the sustainable and resilient cities and communities of the future, making attractive places for all to live and work.
What’s in it for you?
As a Jacobs Graduate you will join a structured 2-year programme aimed at progressing Graduates into global project leaders and problem solvers. Our GDP provides the framework, mentoring and expertise, supporting you to reach your full potential. On joining our programme in September 2023, you will rapidly gain knowledge of how our company works, what motivates us and how you can make innovative contributions to our projects, helping us build a more connected and sustainable world.
About the opportunity
Our Water Strategy and Regulation team helps to shape the water sector in the UK. We work for water companies and regulators and provide impartial, high-quality technical advice and analysis on matters as diverse as leakage performance, storm overflow practice and programmes, sludge to land, water resources strategy and the five-yearly price review. We also audit water company reporting processes and performance data. We are closely connected with the rest of Jacobs’ water and environment team to help solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
Your role as a graduate will be to support our project teams to deliver this diverse range of project work. This will involve working on a broad range of exciting and challenging projects such as technical assurance, long term strategic planning, environmental assessments and innovation projects. Your supporting role will vary on project to project and you have the opportunity to develop your technical and analytical skills as well as deepen your knowledge of the water sector. During our technical assurance projects you will be involved with auditing water company processes and data as well as coordinating and scheduling our work during peak times.
We cover a variety of technical specialisms in the team so depending on how you want to develop and the issues our clients are facing, you could develop into areas such as cost and benefit modelling, asset management, water resources planning, sludge treatment, or emissions monitoring and mitigation, to give some examples. You will also be required to support audits of water company data, and could be involved in coordinating and scheduling our work during peak times.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of Honours Degree in economics, engineering, science or geography related discipline.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and a self-starter with high level of personal accountability
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to very tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships on the basis of mutual trust and respect
- Experience of audit, regulation and performance reporting.
- Strong interest in the water sector
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to Jacobs – have you travelled around the world? Worked in a bar? Been captain of a sports team or volunteered for a charity? Tell us – we’re looking for people with interesting stories and experiences!
- Step 1: Apply Online
- Step 2: Gamification Assessment
- Step 3: Interview
What else we provide
In addition to work-life balance and flexibility, UK employees also receive;
- Free single medical cover and digital GP service
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships
- An inclusive and diverse environment, embracing the variety of cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees through Jacobs Employee Networks
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and a network of positive mental health champions
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our Collectively program, incorporating matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
We are truly passionate about inclusion and diversity and recognise that this application and selection process may not suit all candidates. If this is the case for you, please get in touch with us to discuss how we can make this process more accessible.
#EarlyCareersUK #GraduateUK #GraduateJob2023 #GraduateCareersUK #GraduaterecruitmentUK #GraduateJobsUK #GraduateopportunitiesUK #GradsP&PS