Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Job ID: BIE0000C9
Are you ready to start your career in an inclusive, flexible, and dynamic work environment?
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Join the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) to start your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, environment and communities. As a Jacobs Graduate you will be part of a larger network of talent who are Challenging Today and Reinventing Tomorrow.
Some of our very own Jacobs Graduates have contributed to this advert – so you’re getting a firsthand account of what it’s like to work with us!
What we do at Jacobs
Our People & Places Solutions (P&PS) business focuses on providing solutions to future challenges such as climate change, the need for renewable energy, low carbon economies, transportation, and material resource and waste management. While we shape some of the very largest and most challenging landmark projects in the UK, we also deliver local projects that protect communities. We lead with the environment and make social and natural capital central to how we solve our clients’ challenges. We are helping to create the sustainable and resilient cities and communities of the future, making attractive places for all to live and work.
What’s in it for you?
As a Jacobs Graduate you will join a structured 2-year programme aimed at progressing Graduates into global project leaders and problem solvers. Our GDP provides the framework, mentoring and expertise, supporting you to reach your full potential. On joining our programme in September 2023, you will rapidly gain knowledge of how our company works, what motivates us and how you can make innovative contributions to our projects, helping us build a more connected and sustainable world.
About the opportunity
Jacobs is seeking Civil Engineers who are looking to begin their careers in a world-class leading company with excellent career prospects. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you could be providing innovative and sustainable solutions for Clients such as Water Companies, the Environment Agency & SEPA as well as less obvious Clients like Airports, HS2 and global names in advanced facility provision.
Your workload will be varied across nature (rivers), infrastructure (pipelines) and non-infrastructure (facilities). You could be: –
- designing a Sustainable Drainage System for a new development
- assessing options for managing flood risk
- diverting operationally-critical infrastructure to allow for new development
- contributing to the determination of budgets for the next five years of investment in the Water Industry
Our Graduates are exposed to a wide range of projects and we will support you to grow and develop into the areas that you find interesting. Whatever you decide to do, our friendly teams will be on hand to help you along the way.
Training programmes accredited by UK professional bodies to support you in ultimately achieving Chartered status.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Masters degree in Civil Engineering (Class 2.1 or better) or similar equivalent
- Demonstrable interest in working in the Water Industry and/or the Environment
- Enthusiasm to solve problems and enjoy working as part of a large multi-national company
- A desire to apply your skills to combat the real challenges faced by the world today
- To be a flexible and innovative self-starter who brings a curious mindset to finding solutions for real-world problems
- The adaptability to learn, unlearn and reprioritise as things around you change
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to Jacobs – have you travelled around the world? Worked in a bar? Been captain of a sports team or volunteered for a charity? Tell us – we’re looking for people with interesting stories and experiences!
- Step 1: Apply Online
- Step 2: Gamification Assessment
- Step 3: Interview
What else we provide
In addition to work-life balance and flexibility, UK employees also receive;
- Free single medical cover and digital GP service
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships
- An inclusive and diverse environment, embracing the variety of cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees through Jacobs Employee Networks
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and a network of positive mental health champions
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our Collectively program, incorporating matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
We are truly passionate about inclusion and diversity and recognise that this application and selection process may not suit all candidates. If this is the case for you, please get in touch with us to discuss how we can make this process more accessible.
#EarlyCareersUK #GraduateUK #GraduateJob2023 #GraduateCareersUK #GraduaterecruitmentUK #GraduateJobsUK #GraduateopportunitiesUK #GradsP&PS