International Water Management Institute (IWMI) a CGIAR Research Center is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for a short-term consultancy assignment under the project titled “IWMI – Tata Water Policy Research Program Action Research on Water for Livelihoods”.
The project is part of IWMI’s two-decade old partnership in India with Tata Trusts, Mumbai – IWMI-Tata Water Policy Program (ITP). In India, IWMI is hosted by the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR), Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Government of India. The IWMI-Tata Water Policy Program operates from IWMI’s office in Anand, Gujarat.
Objective of the Assignment
The Consultant Field Associate will conduct guided field research and action research in the broad areas of water resources, energy, agriculture, climate, environment and rural livelihoods. The profile offers a flexible and nurturing work environment that encourages young field researchers’ exposure to, and experience of, high-quality research and action research conceptualized and implemented with a strong bias for field action and policy uptake. Under the supervision and guidance of the IWMI-Tata Program Leader, Field Associate will work with the core ITP team and partners for qualitative and quantitative field data collection, stakeholder analyses and policy engagement.
Scope of Work
- Support the ITP Program Leader, ITP researchers and partners in designing and planning field research, action research, field experiments and field engagements.
- Undertake systematic field data collection, cleaning, tabulation and compilation using qualitative and quantitative research instruments and approaches.
- Assist and support ITP Leader in the execution of field experiments and action pilots undertaken in collaboration with Tata Trusts and associate organizations in different parts of the country.
- Assume leadership role in managing field work and field projects, including interfacing with farmers and field staff of partner organizations and managing field visits, farmer trainings and exposure visits.
- Assist ITP Program Leader in program management and donor reporting
Duration: 03 months from January to March 2023
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, a cover letter that addresses IWMI’s requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed for the position.
This is a nationally recruited position and only citizens of India are eligible to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Social Work, Economics, Agriculture Economics, Rural Management or a similar closely related subject.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience of field research / action research / field implementation related to water management and/or agriculture-based livelihoods.
- Ability and eagerness to undertake qualitative and quantitative field data collection through structured and semi-structured questionnaires, checklists, focus group discussions, participatory rural appraisal and other field and action research instruments.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; ability and willingness to work in diverse, inter-disciplinary teams.
- Positive, can-do attitude; sound qualitative and analytical skills.
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.