Posting Title: STO-RE 27R – Senior Authorizations Specialist
Position Classification: Scientific/Tech Off R27 – Res
Location: Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA (Primary)
Salary Range: $75,552.53 – $86,175.83 annually
Close Date: 12/13/2022
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date:
Ministry/Organization: BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division: South Coast Natural Resource Region/Resource Management
Senior Authorizations Specialist
Scientific Technical Officer 27
Amendment (November 21, 2022): The salary has been amended to reflect the 19th BCGEU Main Agreement.
This position is also posted as a LSO under REQ 93301.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary or permanent vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here.
Bring your water operations experience to this exciting opportunity in the community of Surrey
Reporting to the Water Authorizations Section Head, the Senior Authorizations Specialist provides specialist services to the Natural Resource Sector in evaluating resource applications, conducting applied research, and leading or participating in complex projects. This position may supervise professional and technical staff.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected]. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirement as outlined below:
- Master’s degree in a related natural resource management field*, plus 3 years of related experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in a related natural resource management field*, plus 4 years of related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
*Related fields include geology, earth sciences, hydrogeology, physical geography, water resource management, environmental sciences, geological engineering, water resources engineering, environmental engineering, or another degree with a demonstrated focus on one or more of the above-mentioned program areas.
Related experience must include:
- Experience working in natural resource management
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation that supports natural resource management.
- Experience leading a work unit (team) and directing the work of technical staff.
- Experience in consulting, negotiating and resolving conflicts with stakeholders in natural resource management.
- Experience in developing and maintaining partnerships with First Nations, other levels of government, stakeholders, and industry.
- Experience managing First Nations or stakeholder engagement processes, negotiation, and public outreach.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience with water resources management.
- Experience working with the Water Sustainability Act.
- Experience and/or education in hydrogeology and hydrogeological analysis.
- Experience and/or education in hydrology and hydrologic analysis.
- Experience working in any of the above in British Columbia.
- This position requires you to have a valid FULL BC driver’s license (minimum class 5), or an equivalent class driver’s license from another province or jurisdiction.
- Meet safety standards of WorkSafe BC
- Conduct field work which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay in rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Job Category: Scientific and Technical
Additional Information: Job_Profile_93303