Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water (Organisation site)
Water Monitoring and Compliance; North Region; Water Resource Management; Ayr, Mackay, Rockhampton or South Johnstone preferred (Note: Townsville and Mareeba may also be considered)
These positions are responsible for delivery of water accounting, auditing and compliance activities relating to the State’s water resources and to provide support and advice on the sustainable management and use of water through implementation of relevant legislation and policy. Operating from within North Region, these positions provide water management support, including response to customer complaints and enquiries, as well as providing support to catchment auditing and compliance response activities within the regional area, to a diverse range of internal and external clients.
|Position type||Flexible full-time|
|Occupational group||Auditing & Compliance|
|Workplace Location||Townsville region,Mackay region,Rockhampton region|
|Job ad reference||QLD/458240/22|
|Yearly salary||$80352 – $88108|
|Fortnightly salary||$3079.90 – $3377.20|
|Contact person||Mark Williams|
|Contact details||MB: 0429 647 367|
Access the National Relay Service
- Undertake water accounting functions and inform reporting on water entitlement performance, including breaches of entitlement conditions, relating to all water resources and riverine matters regulated by the department.
- Provide support for regulatory audits and inspections to determine the extent of development and usage of water resources within catchment areas.
- Action or assign tasks within the Water Services Compliance work unit and ensure completion to required standards and timeframes.
- Communicate effectively with staff, management, clients, industry representatives and the general public in providing water management and compliance services, both oral and written.
- Prepare and review written reports, including investigation outcome recommendations and field audits and inspections, in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Work effectively in a geographically distributed team environment.
- You will be required to drive a motor vehicle.
- Other duties as directed and required.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.