The Editor in Chief (Prof. Nicholas Ashbolt) of Journal of Water & Health is looking for Editors to add to the team of internationally-renowned subject experts.
Journal of Water & Health has an Impact Factor of 2.264 and a CiteScore of 3.3. It is an Open Access journal devoted to the dissemination of information on the public health impacts, surveillance, monitoring, and control of waterborne pathogens and chemical substances in the broadest sense for lower, middle and high income countries worldwide. This includes microbial toxins, chemical quality, and the aesthetic qualities of water when human health could be impacted.
Wastewater-based Epidemiology Section: Journal of Water and Health will launch a special section on wastewater-based epidemiology in 2023. Prof. Ashbolt and the Wastewater-based Epidemiology Section Editor (Dr Matthew Wade) are particularly interested in applications from public health scientists and epidemiologists to advance understanding and application of this emerging approach to aid public health measures.
The Editors use our online peer-review system, Editorial Manager, to progress submissions by selecting reviewers and informing authors of editorial and publishing decisions. In addition, they contribute to policy decisions regarding the future direction of the journal, help acquire new material and encourage high-quality submissions.
Applicants should have:
- An interest in developments with an international scope to address waterborne hazards: microbial, chemical and radiological;
- Great organisation, time management and communication skills;
- A dedication to the role of Editor and the time commitment it entails; and
- An established record of work and scholarship in relevant scientific field(s); expertise in one or more of the following fields is particularly sought:
- Wastewater-based epidemiology, joining a team of public health scientists and epidemiologists to advance the dialogue between research and public health
- Water virology
- Culture and molecular (omic) methods to address health-related targets
- Recreational water quality
- Health effectiveness of water management (WaSH)
- Water-based diseases
- Water quality surveys and assessments
- Indicators of water and wastewater quality
- Microbial risk assessment
Other qualities that are desirable:
- Existing editorial experience, particularly with online peer-review systems;
- Previous service and contribution to Journal of Water and Health, i.e. being an author or reviewer;
- Membership to the International Water Association (IWA); and
- Association or institutional awards.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, expressing your suitability for the role and your vision for the journal, to the Editor-in-Chief: [email protected]
Deadline: 16 January 2023
About IWA Publishing
IWA Publishing is part of the International Water Association and leading global publisher of water, wastewater and environmental publications. IWA Publishing spreads knowledge about our most valuable resource, water, helping to improve global health and well-being. We publish a portfolio of 15 peer reviewed journals and 800 books, along with other information resources.www.iwapublishing.com
IWA Publishing is committed to improving diversity and inclusion efforts across our company, community, research and publications. As an international publisher, we recognise the impact we can make by enhancing diversity and inclusion in our publications across gender, race and ethnicity, and geography. We are proud to play an active role in promoting and celebrating equity, diversity and inclusion throughout our global community, our publications and other activities.