Gret is now recruiting an international expert in social water management (gestion sociale de l’eau) and irrigation, to join the TA-ISWM team in Phnom Penh.
The expert will be part of the Natural Resource Management team of Gret, and will be under the responsibility of GRET’s Representative in Cambodia.
The expert will join the TA-ISWM team in Phnom Penh, and will be under the operational coordination of the TA team leader.
The expert mission will focus on the creation and training of farmer water user communities (FWUC), and the training of technicians from the provincial offices of the Mowram (Pdowram), so that they are both in capacity to “co-manage” and develop irrigation schemes and preks, in close coordination with agriculture cooperatives (AC) where they exist.
The position is based in Phnom Penh. with 2/3 of the time in the field for supporting the teams of the TA and the provincial offices in the provinces. The project covers 11 rice irrigated perimeters and 20 market gardening/horticultural irrigated perimeters (preks) in 5 provinces.
The work includes an important part of coordination / methodological support for the teams, and of coordination between the various institutional actors of the project, the Cambodian administration and the technical assistance teams to the project (in particular TA-infrastructure and TA-agriculture).
- Master’s degree in tertiary social science
- Preferably 10 years of combined international and national professional experience as community development, capacity building, local empowerment
- Worked as FWUC [water user associations] development expert in at least two similar scale or type projects in the past 10 years
- Relevant international experience and experience in similar environment
- Excellent command of both written & spoken English and proficiency in using project related software and be computer literate
- Physical health condition to perform the job with frequent travel to irrigation schemes
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with various stakeholders, including government officials.
Terms and conditions
– Position based in Phnom Penh, CAMBODIA
– Duration: 1 year.
– Remuneration and status (employee or consultant) to be agreed.
Expected Starting date: immediate (replacement)