Department for Environment and Water
Job reference: 509609
Location: 5000 – ADELAIDE
Job status: Ongoing
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
About the Role:
The Senior Hydrologist is responsible, under limited direction, for the provision of professional hydrological assessments, advice and services. This role works both individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to assist in the successful delivery of project management and hydrological modelling assessment and advice requirements, and to assist addressing the State’s strategic priorities in relation to the sustainable management of South Australia’s water resources. The incumbent is required to provide advice internally and to other government agencies on matters relating to the planning and management of South Australia’s water resources.
This specific role requires a strong focus on and demonstrated hydrological and hydrodynamic modelling expertise, particularly using MIKE Flood &/or TuFlow (hydrodynamic) modelling packages, as well as extensive coding skills with either R or Python.
- Tertiary degree in engineering, natural resources, science or equivalent, with emphasis on surface water hydrology is essential and relevant post-graduate qualifications are desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in surface water hydrology and the application of hydrological analysis and/or modelling techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering elements of hydrological programs/projects of significant scale and working with a range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental management issues and principles, particularly related to surface water management, including knowledge of legislation and regulations relating to water resources management.
- May be required to participate in fire management and associated duties.
- Some out of hours work may be required.
- Occasional intra and interstate travel may be required including over-night absences.
- A current Class C drivers licence is desirable.
Remuneration: PO3 $98,313 min – $103,936 max p.a.
Volmer Berens, Team Manager Surface Water
The Department for Environment and Water is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds including all ages and gender identities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTIQA+.
Applications are to be submitted online through I WORK FOR SA.
Applicants to submit a CV and letter of application (max 3 pages) addressing the technical, professional and qualifications, as well as key role outcomes outlined in the Role Description.
Applications close: 07/12/2022 10:00 PM
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.