Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water (Organisation site)
Water Planning and Science; North Region; Water Resource Management; Toowoomba
DRDMW is seeking a collaborative, organised and flexible administration officer to provide business support to the North Region Water Planning and Science team deliver projects that make best use of our water resources by delivering sustainable, safe, secure and affordable water. Reporting to the Director you will be a member of the team, providing support and advice on a range of administration, human resource and finance matters.
Priority Consideration applies to this vacancy! DRDMW supports and values diversity and the success and contribution of people from diverse groups in the development and delivery of policies, programs and services that benefit all Queenslanders. This recruitment process is targeted to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with a disability.
|Position status||Fixed Term Temporary|
|Position type||Flexible full-time|
|Workplace Location||Toowoomba region|
|Job ad reference||QLD/457432/22|
|Yearly salary||$80352 – $88108|
|Fortnightly salary||$3079.90 – $3377.20|
|Job duration||Until 1st September 2023 with possible extension|
|Contact person||John Ritchie|
|Contact details||MB: 0407 119 549|
Access the National Relay Service
The Department of Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water (DRMDW) drives growth for Queensland by managing sustainable water resources, leading innovation in manufacturing, and developing our regions. From our offices in Brisbane and a network of regional offices and manufacturing hubs, more than 580 DRDMW staff work to create a Queensland where communities, businesses and water resources are sustainable and resilient.
Your key accountabilities:
• Provide effective administrative support in relation to the operations of the business unit such as human resource, financial and operational service support. Other duties include maintaining central email accounts and diary management (where required); acting as secretariat for meetings; booking travel; and communicating financial reporting updates.
• Utilise information technology and financial systems to monitor, investigate and analyse financial data; subsequently implementing the necessary measures to ensure compliance and general ledger integrity.
• Provide advice to the Director and Management Team regarding workflow management and service delivery issues across the Water Planning and Science workforce.
• Collate data and provide accurate input to the preparation of reports and correspondence.
• Support project management and reporting systems and identify opportunities which will add value to the business needs.
• Undertake purchasing activities and coordinate matter associated with budget, assets and HR for the Director Water Planning and Science.
• Demonstrate innovation and enthusiasm in developing, implementing, maintaining and reviewing administrative systems and procedures in the Planning and Science and the Team.
• Perform accurate document and record management activities, including hard copy and electronic file management.
• Other duties as directed and required.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.