International Cooperation NGO based in Milan seeks a
Project Manager expert in Wash sector – Mozambique based
Short description of Istituto Oikos:
Istituto Oikos (www.istituto‐oikos.org) founded in Milan in 1996, operates in Europe and in developing countries to promote the responsible management of natural resources and spread more sustainable models of life as tools for both socio-economic development and fighting poverty. Vision: a future in which ecology, economy, equity are integrated, reconciling the needs of man and the environment. Mission: To help preserve ecosystems by promoting development with professionalism, innovation and participation. Istituto Oikos has been operating in Mozambique, and in particular in the Province of Cabo Delgado, since 2012, with programs for the conservation and management of natural resources. Istituto Oikos has a PSEA policy that the successful candidate must respect and promote.
The project “Access to water in Cabo Delgado” is a two year project, expected to start in January 2023, aimed at promoting sustainable access to improved water services for the population of Pemba Town and of 5 rural villages in Metuge. The total budget is around 1.5M of Euro. The project will specifically improve and enlarge the existing water scheme system managed by the local authority FIPAG, by drilling new boreholes; assessing the feasibility for the construction of a treatment plant, and improving a rural distribution system (construction of reservoir, public fountains, connection pipes, etc.). A WASH campaign and an exhaustive capacity building programme addressed to local technicians are also planned.
Offered Position: Project Manager expert in Wash sector (Mozambique)
Salary and level of employment: between 2.700 to 3.200 euro /month (gross salary) to be defined on the basis of work experience and qualifications held
Duration: 1 year
Collaboration starts: approximately January 2023
Place of work: Pemba (Cabo Delgado, Mozambique) and project target areas with missions in displaced offices
Objective of the position: To Coordinate the activities of the assigned Project in all its technical-administrative aspects.
- Ensure the proper technical and financial progress of the project assigned to him/her;
- Coordinate the activities of assigned project in order to achieve their objectives within the timeframe and procedures agreed with the funders;
- Coordinate all phases of the cycle of assigned project and relations with funders and project partners;
- Coordinate and produce the interim and final technical reports required by the donor.
- Supervise all administrative aspects and collaborate with the Project Administration and Reporting Unit;
- Prepare, in collaboration with the Project Administration, the tender documentation relating to Idrogeological Surveys, Water Treatment Feasibility Study and hydraulic/civil implementation works.
- Prepare, in collaboration with the Project Administration and Reporting Unit, the Plan of Accounts (SAL), using Oikos internal procedures and formats;
- Close the technical and administrative reporting processes of the project within the timeframe and according to the procedures of the donor;
- Handling relations with partner, stakeholder and donor under the supervision of the Country Coordinator;
- Coordinating the staff in various capacities involved in the project (Project Implementation Unit – PIU), identifying the activities to be carried out by each identified figure, supervising their work and the achievement of objectives
- Ensuring access to project information for all staff;
- Prepare TORs for all project staff, consultants and supervise the recruitment process, according to the Association’s internal procedures.
- Support the implementation of wash activities in Oikos projects
- Support the Country Coordinator in institutional relations and formal requests with institutions, partners and local and international donors in the wash sector
- Support the preparation of project proposals to be submitted for funding in the wash sector
- University level qualification in engineering or similar
- In-depth knowledge and experience in international cooperation projects, in particular in the water sector (at least 3 years of experience in project management in similar contexts)
- Technical knowledge and skills in the implementation of water infrastructure interventions
- Experience in tender procedures and preparation of tender documentation
- Skills in representation, relations and negotiation at different levels
- Strong aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent ability to plan, manage and monitor activities
- Demonstrated experience in developing, promoting and working in partnership with local/national authorities
- Excellent knowledge of Italian and English language
- Familiarity with financial management of projects, in particular with regard to design and preparation of tender documents, procurement and general administration, logistics.
- Prior experience in Mozambique
- Knowledge of Portuguese language
How to apply
To apply, you must send your CV data, including the data of 2 people for professional references, and a letter of motivation (1 page maximum) with authorization to process personal data pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of the G.D.P.R. (General Data Protection Regulation EU Regulation 2016/679 Legislative Decree 196/2003) to:
Due date: 30/11/2022
Address to apply: [email protected]
Indicate in the subject: PM/MZ/22
NOTE: The selection process will start as soon as the applications are received. Only the candidates selected for an initial cognitive interview will be contacted and will subsequently be updated on the status of the selection.
Istituto Oikos reserves the right not to hire or hire an applicant if the recruitment process or background check reveals that the applicant has previously been reported for an SEA incident or is unsuitable to work with beneficiaries. Istituto Oikos will not hire or employ anyone with a previous conviction for SEA or related offense.
The selection complies with the principle of equal opportunities (Law 903/77).