With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Recruitment and Orientation
- In consultation with the Zonal WASH Advisors S/he will coordinate with WASH WASH Site Engineers and WASH Facilitators on respective project needs and required training,
- Consultation with local authorities and beneficiaries (particularly women, children and people with disabilities), to ensure that all training content and materials are appropriate for the target communities.
- Adapt and develop training materials, Design appropriate training materials for use in local community development work and informal educational activities
- Selection of training topics in conjunction with the WASH Advisors and coordinators, and ensure consistency of messages across the different projects and sectors.
- Identify or develop culturally acceptable information education and communication (IEC) materials related to health education and hygiene promotion
- Provide Technical support for WASH Facilitators and hygiene promotion officers, and to organize and conduct health and hygiene topics training for those WASH facilitators and hygiene promotion officers,
- Ensure that the field staff are familiar with participatory teaching methods
- TOT Training of the project staff, WASH Facilitators, and hygiene promoters and mobilizers on key approaches including WASH UP! PHAST,
- Conduct TOTs for the CLTS program with project staff
- Provide technical support and monitor the cascade trainings that are conducted by staff in the field, ensuring that implementation is as planned and according to developed technical standards
- Maintain training records including consolidation of field records.
- Provide support for field assessments and evaluation
- Representation, stakeholder engagement, linkages and collaboration
- Represent the organization externally at Hygiene promotion, MHM and GBV working group
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local authorities and communities,
- Co-ordinate activities with health actors and with other agencies in target locations
- Adhere to WV Child and Adult Safeguarding policy and standards.
- Adhere to WV accountability standards.
- To be aware and prepared to implement WV Afghanistan Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs plan under the context of (ADA) interventions
Required Professional Experience
- Two years of experience implementing WASH projects
- 1-2 years of working with community mobilization projects.
- 1-2 years of previous experience working with and implementing various hygiene and sanitation behavior change approaches
- Proven experience on key participatory approaches, CLTS, PHAST, Behavior change communication
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s Degree and or High school degree priority will be given to higher education.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Previous Work experience in WASH projects is highly preferred.
- Ability to engage and mobilize different community groups and leaders is a necessity.
- Knowledge of important hygiene behaviors
- Must have good attention to detail, all work must be checked.
- Willingness to travel throughout the project area required, with familiarity with the project area preferred.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Accessibility to the below mentioned areas/locations is required (please specify): Faryab Provinces (Please indicate Districts where necessary)
- To be able to travel to remote districts and areas of Herat, Badghis, Ghor and Faryab provinces.
- Fluency in English, Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
Applicant Types Accepted: Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted