Duration : 3 months
Start date : ASAP
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Pending Donor Confirmation
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women, and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
In Lebanon, the Syrian crisis continues to generate political, social, and economic pressure due to the war in Lebanon and keeps more than 1.5 million refugees in a situation of increasing vulnerability. In this environment of political, economic and social uncertainty, our teams have maintained their high levels of humanitarian response and aid to Lebanon. Likewise, our interventions have been maintained in the Bekaa and northern areas, as well as in the south of the country, with a special focus on working in partnership or in consortium with other organizations and on institutional strengthening of the relationship with both donors. institutional, such as with local authorities and entities.
WE WORK IN LEBANON AGAINST COVID-19
- Focusing on Syrian refugee population and Lebanese host communities,
- mobilization committees,
- isolation centers,
- municipalities and service providers.
- Conducting training for health personnel.
- Distributing disinfection and dignity kits.
- Installing latrines for people with specific needs in Aarsal.
- Carrying out channel cleaning to ensure proper drainage. Distributing water through tanker trucks.
The WASH Field Supervisor (Cholera Emergency Response) will be responsible for:
The main objective of the Field Supervisor is to supervise and monitor the activity implemented in Aarsal, providing support to the field team in terms of coordination and support.
Deal with the local authorities, international and local NGO, and donors, in keeping a good relationship and a constant and positive exchange of information about the AAH projects.
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1 : Supervision of WASH/ Cholera Response related activities (40%)
- Provide technical input and advice in the cholera response and water and sanitation activities.
- Support the emergency advisor and the head of projects to define the work plan and support the field staff for its implementation.
- Monitor the implementation of all project activities, including distribution of kits or NFIs, site disinfection, water trucking and desludging or cholera related awareness sessions.
- Be involve and supervise beneficiaries targeting campaign, develop some surveys and supervise the data collection
- Be involve into the referral system for suspected or affected cases
- Coordinate with the field team, the municipality focal point and the community mobilizers
- Support the development and maintenance of external relations particularly with beneficiaries, municipality staff, donors and other NGOs.
- Be aware of the security for the staff, ACF premises and equipment, and report any relevant incidents to the Manager. Be prepared to adjust project implementation to mitigate security risks when required.
Objective 2 : Team management (30 %)
- Supervise the staff under his/her supervision to ensure they are working effectively and to the best of their capacity
- Participate in staff training, helping to build technical capacity of staff and volunteers in the area of WASH and more specifically cholera.
- Mentor and coach colleagues and team members, building their capacity to obtain high quality results and impacts.
- Support the relations with other AAH staff in the base (Hygiene Promotion team), the support staff and M&E staff from Zahle Base and Beirut Country Office
- Helps to develop and execute context-specific solutions to improve collaboration, coordination and performance of the ACF staff and volunteers.
Objective 3 : Reporting (20 %)
- Report the progress of the work to the Emergency Advisor.
- Report possible problem or conflict during the activities.
- Report the use of materials and possible improvement.
- Data collection regarding the project and the potentials beneficiaries.
Objective 4 : Other water and sanitation activities (10 %)
- Participate in the conducting of assessments, surveys and monitoring of the project as and when requested.
- Participate in the elaboration of quality document as Standard operating Procedures
- Support the field teams during construction and other activities.
Objective 5 : Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols.
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 6 : Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities.
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities.
Objective 7: ACF charter and principles
- Respect of ACF Charter and internal rule
- Be committed to participate to any other work in order to achieved the project goal
Action Against Hunger – Lebanon seeks to promote gender equality and is committed to empowering women to participate effectively in their communities, we strongly encourage women to apply.
We Strongly encourage people with disabilities to apply.
ACF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, and abuse (SEA).
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
A bachelor’s degree in environmental field, water related studies, engineering or with WaSH experience or related discipline.
Technical specific knowledge:
Team leadership, reporting capacity, organised and rigorous, availability/learning capacity
Ability to prioritise a large workload for self and the team.
- Three years’ experience working in a related field of expertise.
- Experience in the humanitarian sector in a similar position
- Ability to work in a team, interpersonal qualities and diplomacy, flexible with respect to job priority
- Agrees with the principles and objectives of ACF
Fluent Arabic, Very good English level (written, reading and writing).
IT and specific systems:
Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Based in: Zahle
- Formal work contract: 3 months
- Salary: according to ACF salary scale and according to the candidate’s previous experience (following the standard list of Action Against Hunger).
- LBP 95,000 daily transportation allowance on working days
- Social security registration and NSSF family allowance if eligible
- Complementary health insurance for you and your dependents
- Work accident insurance
- Life insurance (after 3 months of contract)
- School allowance for your children if eligible as per the official decrees (paid each year in October)
- 1.5 days of paid holidays per month
- Approx. 18 days per year of public holidays
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.