Based in Seoul, the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as “green growth”, which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change. GGGI supports stakeholders through complementary and integrated work streams – Green Growth Planning & Implementation and Knowledge Solutions – that deliver comprehensive products designed to assist in developing, financing, and mainstreaming green growth in national economic development plans.
The Investment and Policy Solutions Division (IPSD), based at GGGI’s Seoul headquarters works with programs in countries and on (global) projects, by:
- Providing technical and financial know-how through advice to country programs in the areas of energy, green cities, land-use, and water
- Working with the Green Growth Planning and Implementation Division (GGP&I) on the development of service offerings (in GGGI’s four thematic areas mentioned above) and related methodologies (delivery approaches)
- Converting experience gained through country activities and engagement in international networks into elements of South-South cooperation programs, sub-regional knowledge sharing programs and national level capacity building activities
- Developing global level tools such as the Green Growth Potential Assessment methodology and flagship products (such as the planned Green Growth Performance Measurement Tool)
- Contributing to the preparation of corporate communication materials
- Managing GGGI’s involvement in knowledge management networks such as the Green Growth Knowledge Platform or other international platforms as appropriate
The Investment and Policy Solutions Division (IPSD) expects to expand capacity and an intellectual base by hiring a technical resource person for land-use thematic cluster, particularly about land-use policies and market-based methods for achieving ecosystem conservation.
This project is to scope potential project opportunities for the Environment Bank Foundation (FUNBAM) of Republic of Costa Rica. It is aligned with GGGI’s strategic areas of interest to develop national financing vehicles (NFVs), particularly in the land use sector.
Objectives/Purpose of the Assignment:
The objective of this assignment is to provide technical advisory support to the Environment Bank Foundation (FUNBAM) in close cooperation with the Ministry of Environment and Energy (MINAE) of the Republic of Costa Rica. Through this short-term engagement, GGGI would like to develop action plans of establishing bankable projects in the land use sector and mobilizing relevant investment.
Through this scoping assignment, the Consultant shall advise the Environmental Bank Foundation (FUNBAM) research and develop green business projects involving both private and public sectors in order to generate a revenue stream, which will help finance FUNBAM. The Consultant will report to the Senior Land Use Specialist and relevant staff, and based on the overall guidance of the Assistant Director-General of Investment and Policy Solutions division.
Scope of Work:
The Consultant shall deliver the following Outputs:
All reports must be in English (United States usage), prepared in accordance with GGGI’s formatting requirements, and submitted in hard copy and electronic formats along with complete sets of raw data, research materials, and related information.
Output Delivery and Payment Schedule are as follow: