ICF International helps clients worldwide with economic and financial analysis to assess climate change policies and programs, evaluate risks, and identify opportunities. We are seeking a Senior Climate Change Economics Expert to join our Sustainability and Management Solutions Division.
This position will focus on developing, implementing, and managing projects related to climate change adaptation and resilience, with emphasis on economic and financial services. As a senior leader, you will be responsible for managing projects, writing reports, presenting findings to clients and prospective clients, managing proposals, and expanding the climate change economics business.
- Manage climate change planning, policy, operations, and/or environmental projects or studies
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective clients, partners, and external subject matter experts
- Identify, cultivate, pursue, and secure climate change consulting opportunities with U.S. domestic and/or international government agencies and organizations
- Lead a portfolio of projects in support of clients who develop and implement climate change policies and programs
- Position ICF for successful prime bids and lead successful pursuits of resulting task order competitions
- Manage and support proposal development and work with other senior managers to plan and coordinate business generation activities
- Serve as a conduit on topics that bridge climate change and sustainability with economic analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ years of overall experience in climate change, natural disaster preparedness, climate economics, climate finance, resilience services, or related area
- 5+ years of consulting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments and best practices in climate change adaptation and evidence-based decision making and success in implementing programs aimed at increasing resiliency to climate change and natural disasters
- Demonstrated understanding of climate change policy development and experience leading projects related to adaptation and resilience
- Demonstrated ability to manage project plans, budgets, and timelines.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in business development, preparing proposals and project budgets for Federal, state, local, and/or international clients
- Applies project and resource management methods and tools for developing, scheduling, and coordinating projects and managing budget and cost effectively
- Ability to work at all levels with clients, partners, and internal multi-disciplinary staff
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities).