Senior Infrastructure Finance Advisor
Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Senior Infrastructure Finance Advisor candidates for the USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) program.
The Senior Infrastructure Finance Advisor (Sr. IFA) leads the development and implementation of financing strategies for water and sanitation infrastructure development across the eight countries that compose the WASH-FIN portfolio. He/she leads the process of engagement with public and private partners identifying needs for support, and the management of external specialty advisory services to provide technical assistance required. The Sr. IFA reports to the Chief of Party (COP). The Sr. IFA also serves as the technical lead for all WASH financing activities and tasks.
- Lead the implementation of current technical activities and design of any new activities to mobilize finance for water and sanitation service delivery in support of WASH-FIN counterparts in Africa and Asia;
- Engage host country government counterparts, WASH service providers, financial institutions, and development partners to advance infrastructure finance initiatives in support of WASH-FIN project objectives;
- Manage and supervise the Infrastructure Finance Advisor and potentially one additional direct report;
- Manage the primary WASH-FIN subcontractor, Open Capital Advisors, by developing quarterly scopes of work and budgets to guide their engagement in 3-4 WASH-FIN portfolio countries, and review and provide final approval of contract deliverables;
- Support the management of additional specialty advisors, including financial and legal advisors;
- Design engagements for short-term technical consultants (international and local) by drafting clear and well-organized scopes of work and supporting their effective management as required;
- Represent the WASH-FIN project, in close coordination with USAID, at sector learning events, conferences, and fora;
- Support WASH-FIN knowledge management efforts and help disseminate information to other development partners and regional institutions;
- Draft or contribute to project technical reports and contractual deliverables as requested by the COP;
- Gather and analyze data, as appropriate, to help WASH-FIN report against its targets and indicators;
- Travel frequently to WASH-FIN portfolio countries to facilitate the smooth implementation of technical activities. Travel to other locations for strategic purposes (i.e. conferences, study tours, etc.) may be required on occasion.
- M.S. or M.A. degree in development economics, finance, business administration, urban planning, public administration, civil engineering, or other relevant field;
- Strong written and verbal communication and quantitative and financial analysis skills;
- A minimum of six, preferably ten or more years of experience in infrastructure finance (water and sanitation preferred) or local (municipal) governance and public finance in Sub Saharan Africa and Asia, including utility reform, creditworthiness improvement, financial structuring and underwriting, fund development and/or transaction advisory;
- A demonstrated track record of working on technical assistance projects which can demonstrate success in mobilization of finance from a variety of sources for infrastructure and public or private service delivery, including water supply and sanitation, or in the direct structuring of project finance transactions on behalf of a developer or financier;
- Solid understanding of the leveraging of multiple sources of funding and finance from public and private sources; preference for practical experience working with national and sub-national governments and service providers in structuring blended finance transactions, financing facilities, and credit enhancements;
- Previous experience in developing excellent collaborative working relationships with counterparts, implementing partners, international organizations, development and private finance institutions and donors;
- Foreign language skills of any of the WASH-FIN portfolio countries, especially French and/or Portuguese, desired.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is September 6, 2019.