India nationals: River Basin Planning Expert
The Asian Development Bank funded Karnataka Integrated Sustainable Water Resources Management Investment Program (KISWRMIP) program has a major component to be implemented by Advanced Center for Integrated Water Resources Management (ACIWRM) and River Basin Planning is the flagship activity initially piloting in Tungabhadra sub-basin (K-8) of Krishna basin in Karnataka.
ACIWRM had prepared the river basin profile and planning report as part of the River Basin Planning process for Tungabhadra sub-basin and had also conducted more than five consultation workshops with various departments dealing with water resources in the State on the contents of the river basin profile and plan. The River Basin Expert (national position) will provide all the inputs related to conducting the consultation on river basin planning with various department at various level and working with various department on developing the work plan in context with river basin plan.
The specialist will support the ACIWRM on providing specific inputs related to the consultation, development of work plan for each stakeholder department, training, workshop and presentation at various level for Tungabhadra river basin plan, implementation of Tungabhadra River Basin Plan. The specialist will support the Director, ACIWRM for compliance with organization norms and policies and development of the AC-IWRM organization.
Scope of Work
The River Basin Expert will collect information, report, and compile information on Tungabhadra River Basin Profile and plan, make necessary changes and prepare consultation material for different stakeholders of Tungabhadra sub-basin of the state. The specialist will assist in developing the work plan for department based on Key Result Area (KRA) of Tungabhadra Sub Basin Plan and necessary desk top studies for implementation of River Basin Plan.
Under the supervision of the Director, ACIWRM, the specialist will:
- i. Review and make necessary changes in Tungabhadra River Basin Profile and Plan document
- ii. Assist each stakeholder department in developing the work plan based on Key Result Area of Tungabhadra Sub-Basin Plan
- iii. Preparing the material for the consultation workshops and trainings in River basin planning at various levels and make presentation to stakeholders
- iv. Assist and support in implementation of institutional arrangements for river basin management in Tungabhadra Sub-basin
- v. Monitor, facilitate and support the government staff in development of River basin profile and planning ensuring the task is completed on time
- vi. Attend, contribute and make presentation at various meetings, workshops, training and consultations
- vii. Facilitate and support implementation of river basin plans in Tungabhadra river basins to Implementation team.
- viii. Work with short term national and international consultants contracted to assist development of the river basin profiles of two more sub-basins of Krishna Basin
- ix. Provide training to staff and other officers of department on river basin planning along with other ACIWRM expert involved in river basin planning.
- x. Assisting the management for compliance with organization norms and policies and development of the ACIWRM organization.
- xi. Participate in a multi-disciplinary, innovative and enthusiastic team discussions.
Graduate and preferably Post Graduate qualifications in Science or Engineering in Civil, Agricultural Sciences or Water Resources or other related field and preferably related to developing the River Basin profile and Planning. 10 years minimum required experience.