Consultant: WASH Market Assessment
Justification/purpose of assignment:
- Analyze the data collected through the WASH market assessments conducted by clusterâ€™s partners in July/August 2019and the JMCNA report from REACH
- Write a final report based on the findings, including analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data collected.Â This include Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) with beneficiaries, and key informant interviews from market actors (Water and Sanitation service providers, wholesaler, artisans etc).
- Prepare a workshop to present findings and build possible scenarios for market-based responses
- Support the design of a market monitoring tool based on the results of the market assessments.
- Provide recommendations on the limitations and possible upgrade of wash market data tool
- Power point presentation for participatory validation workshop with members of the MBTF in Somalia. It is also to be included as part of the evaluation in order to validate findings and come up with actionable recommendations.
- WASH Market Assessment preliminary findings snapshot
- WASH Market Assessment report
- Market Monitoring template
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
The candidate for the position will have a strong background in market-based programming, preferably operational cash programming and extensive experience in evaluating large scale data, preferably in relation to the WASH sector. Experience in facilitating and conducting workshops will be definite advantage.
The applicant is expected to meet the following criteria:
- Significant and proven experience in market-based programming assignment and in using both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and data analysis; (to be provided within the CV);
- At least 3 years of experience in data processing and analysis and Information Management;
- At least 5 years of experience in Cash Based Intervention/Market Based Programming (CBI/MBP);
- At least 2 years of experience in WASH or Public Health in emergencies, preferably with an international NGO in a drought-affected context;
- Extensive professional experience in the design and implementation of outcome and impact evaluations;
- Good analytical and critical thinking;
- Proven experience of workshop design and facilitation;
- Good understanding of humanitarian work;
- Ability to work on tight schedules with minimal supervision;
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.