The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation’s most effective environmental action group, combining the grassroots power of 1.4 million members and online activists with the courtroom clout and expertise of nearly 500 lawyers, scientists and other professionals to fight for the planet and its people in the halls of Congress, communities across the country, and nations around the globe. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America’s bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff – a force for nature – work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking a Green Finance Expert to work with the Center for Market Innovation team in our Washington, DC office.
- Support the development and rollout of an international Green Bank Network, with NRDC as a lead partner, and any other NRDC clean energy finance efforts.
- Provide support and analysis for NRDC’s sustainable infrastructure finance work, including the High Road Infrastructure project.
- Provide technical expertise to Chile’s and India’s efforts to establish a Green Bank and support opportunities to expand the Green Bank Network to other countries as appropriate, in collaboration with external and internal partners
- Manage the Green Bank Network website development process in partnership with NRDC communications staff.
- Lead research and communication materials, including but not limited to reports, PowerPoint presentations, and web content.
We are looking for a mid-career economist with strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills, with experience in green banks and clean energy investment generally, in particular. In addition, the ideal candidate would have:
- At least 10 years relevant work experience in financial and economic analysis and at least 1 year experience in the renewable energy industry, preferably solar.
- Deep understanding of the green bank model and established relationships with green banks in the U. S. and internationally. Familiarity with financial instruments used by green banks.
- Passionate about data and metrics. Quantitative reasoning skills, including the ability to summarize data into graphical and tabular forms. Advanced excel skills.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues, and collaborate and negotiate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills. The ability to present, explain and discuss results of analyses to effectively drive fact-based decision making within all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated excellence in both verbal and written communication, including ability to transform complex analytics into a simple, visual, spoken, or written story to influence decision makers.
- A flexible, can-do attitude with demonstrated ability to excel in a dynamic and fast paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines and maintaining superior quality.
- Masters degree in economics, finance or equivalent.
- Spanish fluency required, preferably with experience conducting business in Spanish-speaking countries.
- Experience working with financial institutions a plus.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-866-803-9663.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org