Want to use your skills in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and health programme management and play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as WASH and Health Advisor to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
Quality Programmes Team within Programme Support Unit (PSU) of the International Programmes Department, WaterAid UK provide thought leadership, specialist support, normative guidance, learning, knowledge management and planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting support across the organisation, particularly to our country programmes.
WaterAid is looking for an experienced WASH and health sector professional to provide technical support for our WASH in health programmes. The post holder will have demonstrable experience of working on water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in health care facilities in developing countries, and a strong understanding of key health areas impacted by WASH including nutrition, cholera, neglected tropical diseases, antimicrobial resistance, child health and sexual and reproductive health and rights. They should also have a focus on strengthening systems to ensure services and behaviours are sustainable and equitable.
In this role, you will:
* Responsible for leading the PSU priority WASH in Health plan.
* Lead on and coordinate the ongoing development of critical core guidance and tools to support WaterAid’s sustainable WASH and Health programmes.
* Contribute technical advice to the development of impactful WASH and Health programmes.
* Provide targeted advisory support, mentoring and capacity development support to WaterAid’s Country Programmes.
* Lead and support an active community of practice on WASH and Health.
* Represent WaterAid in key strategic forums as appropriate related to WASH and Health work.
To be successful, you’ll need:
* Postgraduate degree or equivalent professional qualification e.g. Public Health, Environmental Health, Health Policy & Management
* Substantial experience of working in the international development sector particularly in WASH and health
* Proven experience of working on multi-country and multi-partner collaborations and projects
* Experience in facilitating, training and capacity on development initiative
* Ability to work and willingness to travel overseas extensively
Visit the WaterAid careers page for a full job pack.
WaterAid benefits include:
* 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
* Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
* We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
* Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
* Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption/Surrogacy pay
* Season Ticket Loan
Salary: £36,600 with excellent benefits.
To see the full job pack, please click ‘Apply’.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in either Word Document or PDF.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in the summer of 2020. The new location is to be confirmed but will be within zone 1-2 in London. The recruiting line manager will discuss this with you at the interview stage.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on the 4th September. Availability for interview is required w/c 16th September.
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at [email protected]