Consultant - Capacity strengthening on gender transformative approaches
Pelawatta, Western Province, Sri Lanka · Closing Date - August 20, 2019
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) on behalf of the CGIAR Research Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems (WLE) is seeking highly skilled gender consultant experts to strengthen capacity on gender transformative approaches of selected WLE projects and teams in ways that align with the program’s research for development (R4D) guiding principles.
Experienced individual consultants, consulting organizations, or a combination of individuals and/or consulting organizations, whether for-profit, non-profit or academic institutions, are eligible to apply for this consultancy.
EoI must be submitted by 23:30 GMT on August 20, 2019 (Tuesday).
The consultancy will commence on September 20, 2019.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This assignment is open to gender and research capacity strengthening consultants/teams with the following:
- At least one team member with a PhD (minimum) in a relevant field.
- Extensive work experience in gender capacity strengthening for developmental researchers.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of gender and development analytical concepts.
- Demonstrated experience working with gender transformative approaches (GTAs).
- Collectively include most research programming areas covered by WLE, with a focus on natural resource management and agricultural research for development.
- Collectively possess program experience in relevant geographic areas.
- Experience in gender capacity strengthening with CGIAR (preferable).
All applicants should provide a brief EoI, no more than four single-spaced pages, which includes the following information:
- Name of Principal Investigator(s).
- Postal address, legal registration and electronic contact information.
- Contact person (name, title, phone number, Skype ID, e-mail address).
- Experience with R4D and CGIAR.
- The general approach and methods recommended to accomplish the overall purpose and objectives of the WLE outcome evaluation, including the number of days needed to complete specific assignments.
- Daily rate and anticipated total fee.
- Indicate a budget analysis for fees as per phases (phases 1, 2 and 3).
- Indicate an anticipated budget analysis for travel as per phases (phases 1, 2 and 3)
- Contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted, if you are short-listed for the consultancy.
In addition to the EoI, applicants should provide a full curriculum vitae for the Principal Investigator(s).
For the detailed Terms of Reference, view: