Fundraising Prospect Researcher (Strategic Partnerships)
Want to use your skills in research to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as our new Fundraising Prospect Researcher (Strategic Partnerships) to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid Corporate Partnerships team develops and implements partnerships with companies, to raise money and non-financial value to support WaterAid's strategy to provide water, sanitation and hygiene to everyone, everywhere by 2030.
You will be our eye for new opportunties with corporates and will also be working in collaboration with our Philanthropy and Trusts team to support the development of new exciting partnerships.
This is a 3 month fixed-term contract.
In this role, you will lead on research projects to produce company profiles as well as sector-based target lists that will support our new business strategy.
- Proactively identify prospects that have a strong fit with our prospecting strategy in terms of alignment and capacity to give.
- Identify events that members of the team can attend in a networking and/or insight-gathering perspective. You'll develop detailed briefs on speakers and attendees in order to maximise opportunities.
- Share your findings with the members of the team and brief them about the new opportunities you have identified through research.
To be successful, you'll need:
- Very strong research and analytical skills, including ability to prepare effective and insightful profiles for Corporate and Philanthropy & Trusts prospects
- Experience in developing target lists of corporate prospects, ideally using a range of research databases/tools/sources
- To be ethodical, thorough and have excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work on own initiative
To see the full job pack, please click the 'Apply' button
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in either Word Document or PDF.
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- A generous pension plan with an employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for home working up to 1 day a week
Shortlisting and interviews may take place on a rolling basis and the application process will close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the advertised closing date of the 18th August 2019.
Availability for interview is required the week commencing 19.08.2019.
Salary: £27,800 with excellent benefits
WaterAid is currently located at Durham Street, Vauxhall. However, we will be leaving our current location in the summer of 2020. The new location is to be confirmed but will be within zone 1-2 in London. The recruiting line manager will discuss this with you at the interview stage.
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at