APEM Limited is Europe’s largest specialist aquatic environmental consultancy. We offer our clients an integrated approach to every aspect of the investigation and management of aquatic habitats and operate UK wide and internationally. Our consultants are recognised experts in their fields, and as a company we pride ourselves on our commitment to scientific rigour and an excellent service in providing solutions to our clients.
About the role
Looking for a new challenge? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us.
You will work within a dynamic team of aquatic environmental scientists with cross-cutting expertise in ecology, hydrology, geomorphology, water quality, fisheries and natural capital, to deliver a range of projects for the UK water and energy industries, and their environmental regulators.
Candidates must have desk-based experience of one or more of the following technical areas:
- Environmental water resource management e.g. environmental components of water company Drought Plans and Water Resource Management Plans;
- Water quality assessment and modelling;
- Hydrometry, hydrology, hydrological modelling;
- Fluvial geomorphology;
- Statistical analysis, data management and modelling of large and complex environmental data sets;
- River restoration.
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of relevant UK legislation (e.g. Water Framework Directive, Habitats Directive, the Agriculture Bill and Defra’s 25 Year Environment Plan).
Key features of the Consultant role will be management and analysis of numerical datasets and contribution to the production of high quality, technical reports that are focused on the needs of our clients. Working under the guidance of a technical lead, you will demonstrate initiative and attention to detail.
Our benefits package includes 25 days holiday (increasing to a maximum of 30 days in line with length of service), pension, private medical insurance, health cash plan, group income protection, death in service insurance, cycle to work scheme, company maternity, paternity and adoption pay.
You will be an enthusiastic self-starter with an interest in the environment. You will be qualified to a minimum of BSc. level in a relevant discipline, with evidence of experience relevant to the grade you are applying for. Whether you are an applicant with academic, regulatory, consultancy or third sector experience you will need to demonstrate your ability to apply your skills in a fast-paced commercial consultancy context through experience of managing projects and dealing with people effectively and professionally.
Excellent opportunities for career progression and development.
You will be primarily office-based, although site visits and client meetings will be required.
If this sounds like you, please apply following the instructions below.
How to apply
To apply please download an APEM application form.
You should then email a completed application form, along with a detailed CV and covering letter to . The subject heading of the email should state “your name – FW Consultant – location – AQSCONS_007”.
If you have any queries, please email and one of our team will respond to you as soon as possible.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 18th August 2019.
- Qualified to at least B.Sc level;
- Typically 1-2 years’ professional experience;
- Desk and/or field-based experience of some or all of the following technical areas: environmental water resource management e.g. environmental components of water company Drought Plans and Water Resource Management Plans; hydro-ecology; hydrometry, hydrology, hydrological modelling; water quality assessment and modelling; fluvial geomorphology; statistical analysis, data management and modelling of large and complex environmental data sets; river restoration;
- Excellent data management and analysis skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Driving licence.