WASH Project Manager
NCA is seeking an experienced WASH Manager to our office in Maiduguri, Nigeria. As WASH Manager you are responsible for the implementation of quality environmental health projects in Nigeria as well as providing leadership, guidance, coordination and technical support to the Senior WASH staff, program teams, and partners, in order to ensure that all interventions meet international best practices. The WASH Manager reports to the Head of Mission.
The position is a one-year contract, with the possibility of extension. Commencement in October 2019. This is an expat position only.
The position is based in Maiduguri, Nigeria with frequent travel to Local Government Area project sites. Maiduguri is considered to be high risk area.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage all WASH programs for NCA Nigeria, ensuring overall management of the WASH sector, development of the country office WASH strategy and facilitating the smooth implementation of WASH activities directly and with and through partners.
- Provide researched and referenced technical advice to the WASH team and partners while ensuring quality of WASH infrastructure in compliance with national and international standards.
- Provide an oversight on all WASH budgets and procurements, ensuring adequate monitoring of budgets according to the procurement and spending plans.
- Participate in the recruitment, development and retention of staff providing appropriate job description for each function as well as actively participating in various coordination forums and ensure learning is used for improving project implementation.
- College/university degree in engineering, public health, or similar. Specialization in water and sanitation is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with INGOs in the field of WASH and with implementation of water supply, sanitation, construction, hygiene or infrastructure projects.
- Proven strong ability to provide technical assistance and expert advice to staff and partners in infrastructure and related fields.
- Technical and practical competence in WASH
- Demonstrated experience in working in complex emergency settings
- Experience working in North East Nigeria will be an added advantage
- Experience in project management, planning, supervision, quality assurance and reporting
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods, community development and partnerships.
- Structured, well organized and selfdriven
- Excellent communication, solid diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Very good ability to inspire and build other people`s capacities
- Ability to work under pressure in a potentially unstable security environment.
- Culture and conflict sensitive
- The successful candidate must be loyal to NCA´s core Christian values and accept the ACT Alliance's Code of Conduct.
We can offer
- Exciting and meaningful projects with one of Norway's largest humanitarian organizations.
- Competitive terms and conditions and a comprehensive insurance and pension plan.
NCA uses electronic recruitment portal. You can register your CV, write an application and attach certificates and diplomas. Only applicants who use our electronic portal will be considered for the position.