Water Environmental Consultant
We are currently seeking specialist water environmental consultants, including Flood Risk Hydrologists and Engineers, for a leading engineering and environmental consultancy with offices across the UK. You will have the opportunity to assist in a wide range of projects spanning hydrology, flood risk, EIA, environmental site supervision and CAR licencing for construction, engineering and drainage projects.
Our client are looking for candidates with an environmental or water engineering background and are chartered or close to chartership with CIWEM or ICE. They are willing to support candidates towards their chartership so this is the ideal opportunity for an ambitious individual with some consultancy experience to progress their career within a very highly regarded firm.
You will be managing and undertaking Flood Risk Assessments (FRA) and hydraulic modelling for a wide range of development infrastructure proposals. You will also be working on the design of drainage infrastructure to DMRB and SUDS guidelines and principles, as well as preparing drainage impact assessments. As an environmental consultant, the role also entails key involvement with undertaking hydrological impact studies for Environmental Impact Assessments, field surveys and topographic surveys including liaising with clients, colleagues and regulators.
You will be providing support for the environmental aspects of the Water Services team's core activities, supporting EIA, consenting and construction environmental best practice as well as the development of staff and delivery of the Team Strategy.
Qualifications / Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Degree educated in a relevant subject area (e.g. Hydrology, Civil Engineering etc)
- Chartered or working towards chartership with a relevant body (e.g. ICE, CIWEM)
- Demonstrable consultancy experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge of legislation, regulation, procedure and guidance relating to the water environment and development.
- Experience in the use of relevant industry software (e.g Microdrainage, PDS, TUFLOW, InfoWorks) and experience in the design of SUDS
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and design guidelines (e.g. DMRB)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in working directly with clients.
- Report writing and review skills.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to become part of a dynamic wider team with clear and tangible channels for progression. In return, our client offers an excellent salary and benefits package, flexible working conditions and an exciting and diverse portfolio of project work.