- Job title: Regional Manager- East
- Grade: 4
- Location: Bhubaneshwar
- Reporting to: Head of Programmes
- Reporting from:
- Programme Coordinator
- Finance Coordinator
- PME Officer
Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. WaterAid‘s mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. WaterAid India’s goal is to “Make Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) poverty history in the country”.
WaterAid began working in India in 1986. The head office is in New Delhi. WaterAid India also has Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11 states in the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation for the poor in particular, through direct services, and millions more through our influencing work.
To provide leadership to the regional programme by empowering and developing staff and partners, and influencing the sector, policy environment, and public and private institutions
To help establish efforts to provide technical support and advisory services to district and state level governments and to facilitate improvements in policies based on our learning from our programme efforts.
To operationalise the state strategies, programme management, organisational effectiveness, and advocacy initiatives in the region in line with the strategic and multi-years plans of the organisation
Strategic planning & development
- Lead the development and operationalisation of state strategies, in the region in line with country strategy
- Ensure successful and on time delivery of mult-iyear rolling plans and budgets
- Monitor the progress against strategic objectives using indicators and the Programme Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) framework
- Represent WaterAid externally in the region, ensuring that the organisation's vision, mission, values, and aims are communicated in a positive and compelling way
- Build relationships between all key stakeholders in the region to support the development of the sector
Programme & finance management
- Ensure integration of the principles of Rights, Equity, and Inclusion in the regional programme
- Manage the development and implementation of multiyear and annual plans for the region in line with budgets and cash flow guided by programme strategy and finance manual.
- Ensure that all policies, systems, standards, and procedures with respect to PME are adopted and adhered to in the region
- Design, develop, and implement programmes to enhance the capacity of the sector players and partner NGOs and other sector role players in the region to plan, facilitate, monitor and support sustainable water supply and environmental sanitation development
- Produce high quality annual and other periodical reports in the standard templates/formats for donors, as and when required
- Ensure adoption and adherence of WaterAid India’s financial management principles, standards, and controls in the region
Sector engagement and advocacy
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders in the state- both government and non-government networks and alliances
- Support people centred advocacy, related processes and campaigns in the state
- Support policy advocacy works and networking in the state
- Coordinate and regularly interact with sector players, local governments, and other institutions
- Lead, manage, and motivate the team, creating an environment that enables staff to maximise their potential and facilitates high performing teams
- Contribute to organisation’s learning, and promote an environment for the learning and development of staff and partners
- Identify and manage risk in the region; implement, review, and monitor risk register and the mitigation measures for the region including health and safety and security procedures
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the organisation to enhance relationships and ensure effective working
- Contribute as a Country Management Team member in the strategic planning and development of policies
- Donor Management which include a component of donor visits, compliances and pro-active engagements.
5. Eligibilities and requirements
- Post-graduate degree in Social Sciences or an equivalent field, from a reputed university/institute
- Between 10 to 15 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context
- Good knowledge of the issues related to the region and sector
- Good understanding of equity and inclusion aspects
- Experience in integrated projects on water, sanitation, and hygiene promotion
- Experience of capacity building of sector organisations.
- Experience of working with government and NGOs along with an understanding of the issues involved.
- Experience of participatory monitoring and impact assessment
- Good knowledge of various stakeholders involved in the region
- A clear and sound understanding of national development context, especially in water and sanitation
- Ability to lead financial and budget management processes and ensure high level of accountability to internal and external stakeholders
- Good communication skills, both verbal and writing in English and preferably, vernacular, along with superior networking abilities
- Leadership skills to manage change, team, and partners
- To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid's standard application form will be considered
- Please mention in the subject line “Regional Manager –East”
- Please save the application form with your name and position, you have applied
- Completed applications should be sent to
- Closing date: 16 August 2019
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview
WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the differently abled are particularly encouraged to apply.
Job Email id: waindhr(at)wateraid.org
Download Attachment: 32757453_WAI Application Form.doc