International Climate Change Consultant
Under the overall supervision of the Assistant Director General / Regional Representative for Europe and Central Asia, REU; the direct technical supervision of RI3 Delivery Manager, as well as in close consultation with the and Green Climate Fund Advisor, the International Climate Change Consultant will be responsible for providing technical inputs and ensuring data collection to contribute to the work of Regional Initiative “Sustainable, climate-resilient natural resource management in Europe and Central Asia”, particularly supporting the work on access to climate finance.
Under the overall supervision of the Assistant Director General / Regional Representative for Europe and Central Asia, REU; the direct technical supervision of RI3 Delivery Manager, as well as in close consultation with the and Green Climate Fund Advisor, the International Climate Change Consultant will carry out the following activities:
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide technical inputs for the development of any climate change proposals in REU region;
- Provide technical support for the organization of multi-stakeholder meetings and other events related to climate change in the region;
- Provide support for the development of awareness raising and knowledge management materials on climate change in ECA countries, and particularly related to Nationally Determined Contributions processes.
- Perform any other related duties and activities in support of the RI3
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree(s) in economics, agriculture, natural resources, sustainable development, climate policy or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in climate change and climate finance, preferably in an international environment.
- Working knowledge of English is required. Basic knowledge of Russian language will be considered an asset.
- Computer skills (WordPerfect, PowerPoint, Excel, Skype)
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Additional Selection Criteria
- Ability to work on international teams and with remote supervision.
- Proven working experience with governments in the region on climate change issues and climate finance.
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
Candidates should upload language certificate/s when submitting their application.
For more information, visit the FAO employment website
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: