New Zealand nationals: Senior Analysts (Natural Resources Team)
Fantastic opportunity to apply your skills in a future-focused role at the heart of government
- Are you a talented Senior Analyst looking to take the next step in your career?
- Interesting and varied role working across an ambitious work programme
- Work on policy and public financial management issues, with a particular focus on environmental policy
The Treasury is the New Zealand Government's lead economic and financial advisor. Our vision is to be a world-leading Treasury working towards higher living standards for New Zealanders. We have an exciting opportunity for two skilled and motivated Senior Analysts to join our Natural Resources team.
The team is responsible for advising the Government on a range of issues across the environment/natural resources sector. We advise agencies and Ministers on key policy areas such as water and resource management, as well as contributing to sound fiscal management by ensuring changes and projects deliver value for money and are focused on improving wellbeing for New Zealanders. The work of the team is varied, fast-paced and has a direct impact on policy development across Government.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to
- Gain exposure to a range of high-profile strategic policy issues, and help to shape their direction
- Learn and apply strategies of public financial management, to help ensure government expenditure is supporting wellbeing outcomes
- Provide advice to senior managers and Ministers
- Engage and connect with a range of people and external stakeholders
- Provide leadership and coaching to junior staff within the team
You're a high performer who is keen to further their development and broaden your experience. You'll also have:
- Strong analytical, communication and relationship management skills
- Intellectual curiosity and receptiveness to different viewpoints
- An ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve objectives
- A drive to achieve and motivation to develop and grow
What We Offer
- Interesting work in a forwards thinking organisation
- Work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations
- A supportive work environment in a fun and high-performing team
- The opportunity to bring new ideas and analysis into policy discussions
At the Treasury, we pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of a work environment where people are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. We value diversity among our employees and encourage a positive work/non-work balance with flexible work arrangements.
Applications close - Wednesday 14 August. All applications must be made online.
Inter-agency secondments from other government agencies will also be considered.
Please see the attached Job Description for further detail and for more information please contact Jessica Turkington, Executive Assistant - Natural Resources .