The Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC), an interstate water resources management agency, seeks a mid-level Water Resource Engineer / Hydrologist position. The position would reside in SRBC’s office in Harrisburg, PA, within the Planning and Operations Program.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Plan, manage, coordinate, monitor, and inspect the progress of a variety of environmental and water quality improvement projects from plan conception through post completion.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, develop and manage project schedules and budgets, perform site inspections, and coordinate with consultants and contractors.
- Analyze topographic, hydrologic, geologic, and water quality data pertinent to the planning, design, permitting, and construction of environmental and water quality improvement projects.
- Utilize GIS and CAD for data capture, analysis, and presentation relevant to environmental and water quality improvement project planning and design.
- Prepare documentation, write technical reports, and make presentations.
Eligibility requirements for the position includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, or water resources engineering, hydrology, environmental science, or closely related field required.Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience performing duties similar to those outlined above. Master’s degree may be substituted for two years of experience.
- Professional Engineer license or Engineer in Training certification preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with considerable knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Comfortable working independently and with a team.
Starting salary based on extent and relevancy of experience is between $60,000 and $75,000. Competitive benefits package available, including health care insurance and participation in Pennsylvania State Employees Retirement System.
Send cover letter with salary expectations and resume emphasizing relevant experience, to by August 18, 2019. Attn: Water Resource Engineer / Hydrologist, Marcia Hutchinson, Director of Administration and Finance, Susquehanna River Basin Commission, 4423 N. Front St., Harrisburg, PA 17110. SRBC is an equal opportunity employer. Visit our website at www.srbc.net.