About Sustainable Innovations, Inc. (SI)
SI is a Virginia-based non-profit organization employing innovation to solve critical social issues such as lack of clean water and basic healthcare through social enterprise solutions that are holistically sustainable – culturally, economically and operationally.
SI is led by its founder and Executive Director, Dr. BP Agrawal, a 2015 CNN Hero and Purpose Prize recipient. CNN Hero:
SI is planning to significantly expand access to its water and healthcare programs in rural India. SI’s flagship water program, Aakash Ganga (“River from the Sky” in Hindi), helps villagers in arid areas of India harvest rooftop rainwater and obtain the clean water they need to live and thrive. The program has already provided 15 million liters of clean drinking water annually to 10,000 people in six villages in Rajasthan.
SI is seeking anexperienced program coordinator
to assistin building social media presence and in cultivating donors.
It is a
new position and will be based in our office in Fairfax, VA. The position will report directly to the Executive Director. The successful candidate will be expected to:
Social Media and Administration
– Lead social media engagement efforts and build our online presence
– Create/wordsmith marketing materials (e.g. brochures, PPT presentations)
– Update/rehaul our website
– Take the lead on addressing the board and ED’s day-to-day needs (faxing, scheduling, the day-to-day boring but necessary and all-too-important tasks)
– Maintain calendar of grant cycles (including submissions, follow up, RFP announcements and report deadlines)
– Troubleshoot IT and other needs to maintain all work-related functions
– Research potential leads (e.g. donors, board members)
– Help build strategy on recruitment, acquisition
– Support donor and board stewardship (thank you notes, recognition)
– Can-do attitude
– Eagle eye for details!
– Anticipate needs, take initiative and own your opportunities and responsibilities
– A strong command of the written and spoken word
– A strong interest in effecting change from a holistic and culturally competent standpoint
– A sense of self/humility
– Knowing what you know and don’t know and embracing both
– Patience (we’re working across time zones, language barriers, cultural divides)
Sustainable Innovations is an equal opportunity employer.