Program Associate – Clean Energy and Water (CEW) Unit
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of Program Associate – Water to support program and project implementation and management, as well as new business development within the Clean Energy and Water (CEW) Unit, predominately supporting the water group. Winrock’s water portfolio includes a range of small and large, complex, internationally funded projects undertaking a wide range of activities, including water resource management (WRM), water security, WASH, water governance, and Multiple-use Water Services (MUS) programs at the community, basin and national levels. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications for this position are described in the attached position description.
Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include but not limited to: life, disability, medical insurance, dental and vision and retirement.
Applicants should go to Jobs page at http://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/ to submit their application, cover letter and current resume by October 26th, 2016. Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Position Title: Program Associate – Water
Department: Clean Energy and Water (CEW)
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Reports to: Program Officer 2, Sustainable Water Project
The Program Associate- Water will support program and project implementation and management, as well as new business development. Responsibilities will include: bridging between administrative and program activities including fielding consultants, writing program descriptions, editing reports, ensuring programs comply with and follow Winrock policy. This is an entry level position for candidates with international field experience.
- Provide support to program staff on USAID and other donor funded grants and contracts.
- Coordinate and manage fielding consultants (write terms of reference, develop contracts, arrange airfare and manage expense reports)
- Track and report on spending across cost codes
- Assist with annual New Business planning
- Assist with formatting and editing CV’s for proposals and assist with collecting personnel/partner information including: CVs, letters of support, 1420’s, salary and educational qualification verification while confirming rates and educational qualifications with HR
- Provide support including tracking and reporting of program activities
- Review and write reports supporting field staff as needed
- Collaborate with Contracts to ensure partnering organizations provide the correct documentation
- Management and collection of project files including tracking and reporting of program activities, maintaining project documents and ensuring all staff documents are on the shared drive (WinShare)
- Develop and edit communications materials
- Support spreadsheet-based budget monitoring, analyses and forecasting activities for CEW group
- Prepare and submit materials for cost center requests and maintain program files and databases
- Reconcile filed advances and bill payments
- Assist with tracking and reporting of program activities including time charges and deliverables
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Background:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in field related to international development, international affairs, or other related field, Master’s degree preferred
Languages: Fluency in English required; fluency in at least one additional language such as French or Spanish would be an asset
- 2-3 years’ work or experience in the field, understanding cross cultural issues
- Experience supporting field-based program operations, in particular with administrative functions, is required
- Experience in supporting successful business development efforts with diverse donors, including USG (USAID, DoL, DoA, etc.), private sector, foundations, and other independent donors
- Knowledge of and experience in water resources management, water security, and/or WASH desired
- Knowledge of international development arena
- Demonstrated experience with relevant technical issues and program areas in clean energy and water, is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times
- Strong understanding of international development, including strong cross-cultural skills and international experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to conduct research analysis and coordinate administrative documentation
- Demonstrated skills in project planning, budgeting and financial analysis/management
- Excellent communication, writing, editing, and proof-reading skills
- Ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities, and meet tight deadlines
- Administrative skills and good knowledge of computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as needed with little direction or supervision and have the ability to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems and meet deadlines
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel internationally on an as-needed basis
- Eligibility to work for any employer in the United States