Our client is a State Government Resource Infrastructure organisation, due to growing workload they are looking to engage an experienced Hydrographer to their West Ryde based team.
The main purpose of this contract is to provide technical assistance to field workers in the operation, maintenance and calibration of hydrometric instrumentation. The successful candidate will also assist in the provision of hydrometric data and related services from our clients’ water and wastewater networks, and to assist in the delivery of approved monitoring programs.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Undertake field operations in the collection and fault tracking from hydrometric monitoring networks
- Undertake calibration and maintenance of field instrumentation at hydrometric monitoring points
- Undertake data processing and validation tasks on hydrometric data
- Interpret hydrometric data and provide timely reporting.
- Contribute and provide active involvement in project team activities.
- Maintain specialised hydrometric measurement and monitoring equipment in accordance with work procedures.
What you’ll need to succeed
- To be considered for this role you will need a relevant tertiary qualification
- Effective written and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to supervise and undertake minor civil works
- Relevant experience in undertaking hydrometric operations
- Experience in the operation, calibration and maintenance of hydrometric field equipment
- Demonstrated experience in conducting interpretation and evaluation of data from hydrometric networks
- Valid/ ability to obtain Confined space certificate, WHS construction card, First Aid.
- Valid / or willingness to obtain current inoculations in Hep A, B and Tetanus
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to [email protected], or call Jessica now on 0292492290.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.