Undergraduate Water & Wastewater Engineer
Imagine the Possibilities
Ideas can come from anywhere - that’s why we want you to join our Internship Program!
Jacobs is one of the world’s leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting. As part of the Jacobs Internship Program, you will work on real projects, bids and tenders from the get-go. Providing valuable work experience to build on your theoretical knowledge, our program gives you the opportunity to collaborate with a range of experts and industry leaders to help guide, mentor and shape your career.
About the Opportunity: Undergraduate Water & Wastewater Engineer
As global supply and demand for water increases, Jacobs delivers projects across the entire water cycle to solve our clients’ most complex water challenges with exceptional service and integrated, sustainable solutions. Market priorities range from global urbanisation, aging/failing infrastructure, safety & reliability of drinking water, climate change and resiliency to regulatory pressure.
As an Intern in the Water and Wastewater Engineering group at Jacobs, you will work on key water infrastructure projects, providing you with hands-on exposure to all aspects of project delivery including design, estimating, cost planning, tender reviews and negotiation and post contract.
At Jacobs we value people. Having the right balance of diversity, career and lifestyle enables us to consistently deliver and exceed clients’ expectations. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. To support your professional growth, Jacobs’ have a host of social, health and wellbeing events and initiatives that will underpin our commitment to you.
As an Intern at Jacobs you will gain exposure to a range of disciplines, allowing you to build on the specialist knowledge you’ve gained at university.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally complete your degree in 2020 (Civil or Mechanical Engineering)
- Be technically inquisitive
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Have the ability to work independently and in a team to learn from another perspective
- Communicate exceptionally well
- Ask questions and challenge the norm
- Be able to commence on 18 November 2019 and work through to March 2020
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident
Does this sound like you?
To be part of the Jacobs Internship Program this summer, apply today!
Please include the following documents so we are able to make an informed decision. Incomplete applications cannot be considered;
- Cover letter – tell us about yourself & which specific discipline you have a passion for and where you see your career developing
- Academic Record
- Working rights - Scan/Copy of a Birth Certificate or Passport (Vevo check if applicable)