Water and Environment Journal (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1747-6593) is the quarterly, peer-reviewed journal of the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM). Publishing original papers from both the research and practitioner communities, Water and Environment Journal showcases innovative and integrated approaches to all aspects of environmental management, with a global perspective. We welcome papers on a broad range of topics including all aspects of water processing and engineering, the water cycle, air pollution, waste management, and environmental conservation. The journal has a wide readership of professionals working in academia, consultancies, Governments, regulators, NGOs and the environment sector.
We are seeking a new Editor in Chief to start at the beginning of January 2017, following a hand over period with the outgoing Editor in Chief at the end of 2016.
The successful candidate will have experience in research and publishing in academic journals. The main functions within this role are:
- Strategic Management, Editorial Team Management, Manuscript Management and Journal Promotion.
- The post involves working closely with the Associate Editors, the Editorial Board, Journal Administrator and the Publisher.
The ideal person must possess the following skills:
- PhD and/or significant research experience with good track record of academic publications
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Sound scientific, engineering and environmental judgement
- Leadership qualities
- Strong knowledge of research frontiers and their practical application in water and environmental management (internationally)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Commercial awareness (marketing and advertising)
- The ideal candidate will be recognised internationally for his or her academic publications, and have an impressive track record of academic output. Applicants should note that this position requires a number of hours work each week with the possibility of additional days required for meetings and conferences. In light of this an honorarium is granted.
Applications for the role should include a curriculum vitae, a short assessment of what you believe are the strengths and weaknesses of Water and Environment Journal and an outline of your vision for this Journal and how you would like to see it develop in the future.
Please send these, in confidence, to:
Alastair Chisholm, Head of Policy and Communications
Email: [email protected]
Applications to arrive no later than Friday 28th October.