WWF-India, one of the largest conservation organizations, engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, invites applications for the post of Hydrologist in the Rivers, Wetlands & Water Policy Division, from candidates with an inherent sensitivity towards the conservation of nature and environment.
WWF-India’s Rivers, Wetlands & Water Policy division is involved in initiatives pertaining to conservation of freshwater resources. The water resources management is integral part of that work. In this regard, the conservation of rivers, associated functions, processes and dependent aquatic life is critical aspect of the work, the team is doing. The team is working on Environmental Flows (E-Flows) around the country from 2007. Since 2015, the team is also working several river basins for developing basin management plan.
Location: New Delhi
The Job Profile:
- Undertake hydrological assessment and studies in various River basins in India
- Supporting the Environmental Flows (E-Flows) initiatives, by providing hydrological and hydraulics related inputs to the team
- Assist in studies pertaining to trade-off analysis, scenario building as part of (i) E-Flows realization plans and (ii) basin management plans
- Support integration of E-Flows into management plans of critical river basins
- Compile, create and analyse Geospatial data from multiple sources relevant for hydrological studies and develop create customized basin maps using ArcGIS/QGIS or any other GIS software
- Undertake field visits and provide support for local coordination and liaison with stakeholders, partners and the team (as the case may be) for the above tasks
- Responsible for developing reports and documents pertaining to hydrological and hydraulics studies
- Undertake field visits and provide support for local coordination and liaison with stakeholders, partners and the team (as per the requirement)
- Responsible for drafting of technical reports and documents pertaining to hydrological, hydraulics and basin studies
- Support organizing of deliberations / meetings / workshops
- Representation of team’s work at different forums
- Any other task, as may be entrusted by the reporting officer or by the Director – Rivers, Wetlands & Water Policy
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
- Master’s degree in Hydrology/Water Resources/Environmental Science (M.E./M. Tech.) from a reputed institution.
- Proficient with understanding of hydrology and environmental issues
- Experience in working with hydrological and hydraulics modelling tools.
- Experience in working on components of riverine ecosystems/basin planning
- Over 3-4 years’ experiences in water resources in general and working with geospatial software’s like ArcGIS/QGIS/ERDAS in particular
Apply Via Email to: [email protected]
Last Date for sending applications: 5th August, 2019
Please submit an up-to-date CV (mentioning your full name in the resume attachment), giving details regarding compensation received in the present assignment, expected salary, and three references.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Hydrologist”, in the subject line.
The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only the short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WWF-India is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.