Local recruitment: Junior Implementation specialist / IMPACT Project assistant
IMPACT is a cross-cutting, multi-faceted project that is implemented by a wide range of institutions in three regions – the Pacific, West Africa and the Caribbean. It aims to strengthen capacities in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and Least Developed Countries (LDCs) to co-develop scientific outputs and knowledge products and to support relevant actors to make use of them in the development and implementation of transformational climate adaptation and mitigation strategies. Our approach also aims to enhance access to international climate finance and better equip SIDS and LDCs in engaging in UNFCCC negotiations.
We are currently seeking a Junior Implementation specialist/ IMPACT Project assistant for our office in Lome, Togo. The position is a local hiring from our Lomé office. They’re looking for a Togolese citizen or resident already based and eligible to work in Togo.
Your main responsibility is to support our work on implementation in West African and globally, other responsibilities will include:
- Analytical research on adaptation and mitigation related issues and climate finance
- Writing of reports, work papers, briefings and other information material
- Interact with stakeholders and project partners
- Support stakeholders consultations and engagement in various countries in the region
- Support development of methods and tools for capacity-building activities, including information and knowledge products and presentations
- Maintain overview of relevant literature and of relevant national and regional events
- You assist team members with proof-reading and formatting reports, work papers, briefings and other information material and make sure that all documents in your area of responsibility are filed correctly
- Facilitate internal and external meetings and discussions (logistics, agenda, reports, follow-up)
- Support team leaders with organizational and administrative aspects of project development and project management
- Contribution to the identification and development of funding opportunities
- Degree in in environment or climate-related studies, such as environmental management, climate science, social science, economics or a related field
- Working experience in climate change, development, capacity building
- Experience and interest in inter-disciplinary work
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Strong/advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite are part of your qualification and you’re open towards learning new softwares
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented and a motivated self-starter and as a team-player able to interact with a diverse array of people, including remotely in an highly international team
- Experience in project management and coordination is a strong advantage
- Our working language is English. Therefore, fluency in English is necessary
- You are able and willing to travel internationally.
- A job with purpose. With us you will work in a team of engaged people and with your skills you can make a positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change.
- A positive and inspiring working atmosphere in an international team.
Deadline: 4 August 2019
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Lomé, Togo
Termst: For the time being, we offer a contract limited to 6 months. There is a prospect of extension and we are interested in a long-term cooperation.
Requirements: Togolese citizen or resident already based and eligible to work in Togo
For questions and additional information related to details of position please contact Kouassigan Tovivo (Koussigan.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please apply exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.